1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California Public School Vaccination Law

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ton, Jun 25, 2015.

1. ton

ton Arf!

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Good.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

4. Jedb

Kids are innocent, as they have no choice.
    Parents participating in non-vaccincation are making stupid choices.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I support vaccination. I could't tell from ton's post which he supported. It looked like we are on the same page, but I didn't want to make an incorrect assumption (for once).

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Vaccinist!

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

istist!!

8. ton

ton Arf!

sorry. should have been more clear. was off changing the oil in the dirtbike :) Jed spoke for me, in this case.

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

People that are against vaccination need to go live in Third World countries where there is no vaccination and see the lessons learned in the past with people sick and passing away from communicable pathogens.

Once the reality sets in, they'll get in line for their shots.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

While I am not anti vaccine and have probably had more vaccines than most due to working in 3rd world shitholes I think some of you are placing way too much trust in the government and their ability to reason. This "for the greater good" bullshit is getting carried way. There will be unintended consequences.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Everything has unintended consequences.

For every action there's a reaction.

But if because of vaccinations my kid doesn't get sick because some other Douchey Liberal Democrat parent decides their kid doesn't need a measles shot, I'll live with those consequences.

Because MY kid's getting the shots and won't be giving the measles to their brat.

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Your kid is getting the vaccination therefore should not get anything from the kid whos parents did not get their little snot wrangler vaccinated. And it is more than Liberal Democrats that are not crazy about blanket immunizations.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'd be more convinced of the need if they forcibly vaccinated every illegal alien caught for everything they can think of, as well as requiring proof of all vaccinations from all legal travellers to this country.
    Where do you think this shit is coming from? If we're going to knuckle down, do it across the board.
    Btw, if your kid is vaccinated then you have nothing to worry about anyway.

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You last two posters both flunked Epi 101.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Researching fires makes you an expert on epidemics?:Poke::D

Besides, you are from Governor Moonbeams land of fruits and nuts. You will always think more government control is better.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Is that an argument?
    Oh, I know, a small percentage of vaccinations won't work. What's the chance of that child acquiring the disease?
    People went nuts over roughly 100 cases of measles in a country of over 320 million. The odds of the child whose vaccination failed actually coming into contact with the disease is probably somewhere around get hit by lightning while winning the lottery.
    The danger is statistically nonexistent.
    In light of that, parents should have the option of not risking the possible harmful effects of vaccinations. Those odds are known.
    Where is the crisis here? The only people that "suffered" were the parents who had to stay home with sick kids.

17. Jedb

For the record, I have seen uber conservative fundamentalist christian douchy types also decide that their little Unicorn didn't need a vaccine against measels.

Idiocy has no particular political agenda in this case.

Bad decisions made by douchey parents regardless of political or religious affiliation.

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Your assertion about kids being protected just because they have been vaccinated is patently false. Fact: The lower the percentage of vaccinated people in a population the higher the risk of an outbreak of a mutated version of the virus. There's this little thing called strains, thus why the flu vaccine is developed for specific flus every year. Your little non immunized brat being around my brat will put mine at risk since yours has a high propensity to produce mutant viruses in his sickly little body.

This is a great thing done by the state legislature, for once. Now let's round up and deport the illegals who bring in their 17th century diseases and keep more of them from coming in. California should sue the Federal Government for every dollar possible resulting from the damage that unfettered illegal immigration brings. That includes the costs of vaccine and health programs to deal with the problems these people bring.

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

My "little brats" have probably had more immunizations and tests than yours due to the Green Card process. I have no issues with immunization. I just do not agree with the blanket rule devised by some brain dead politician. The risk of some anti vaccine chiropractors kid starting an epedemic is probably not that high...

Blanket rules are never a great thing. They generally are put in place to cover incompetence. I do agree that immunization of people who have come from some 3rd world high risk shithole is a good idea though. As someone going through the legal immigration process I have no problem complying with the rules that ensure I am not importing some sort of disease. I also think that all illegals should be tossed out immediately though so I may be on the fringe of that one.:D

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ruh Roh...I am in agreement with SGV...something is very wrong here.