1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California Motorcycle Rental

Discussion in 'General' started by VintageWannabe, Jan 22, 2018.

1. VintageWannabe

VintageWannabe Diggin Deep

I'm planning a trip for myself and the gf this summer, and we're thinking about taking a trip up the California coast on bikes. Needing some info on rentals out there. I did a quick search, but nothing too relevant showed up. Seems several rental places have closed over the years. Preferably would pick up around San Franciso, but flexible - could go further south. Looking for a bigger BMW or some similar large comfy tourer. What do you all know about this? Anybody know a place?

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Go here:

https://www.dubbelju.com/

I've rented from them a couple times and they are great. Wolfgang (the owner) is a true enthusiast and will help you plan an awesome trip. My dad and I flew out there last year and went to SBK at Laguna on an R9T and an Africa Twin. It was a blast. $20 Uber ride from the airport and they will store your luggage for you till you get back. Return customer discounts ect ect.

dobr24, renegade17 and VintageWannabe like this.
  4. VintageWannabe

VintageWannabe Diggin Deep

You know, first time I looked at their page all I could see was Harleys. There are cheaper ways to walk up the coast.

But I just looked again, and see they have several other options. Looking now!

5. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I rented a bike from dubbelju in SF and had good luck with it. Was a bit cheaper than Eagle Rider and the guy behind the counter hooked me up with a pretty damn good route for the day.

VintageWannabe likes this.
  6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Wherever you rent..... take your own gear. Theirs isn't horrible but it's not the level that most of us as racers are accustomed to.

7. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

8. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

We rented a GoldWing at Bay Area Performance Cycles in San Jose a couple of years ago. They also had Hardleys and Beemers I think.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

A friend of mine rented a BMW from them when he was visiting. It was expensive, but they made it pretty easy.

10. Imnotfast

Imnotfast Active Member

If you decide that San Diego is an option to start from, I know the guy that owns this rental company. I don't see bikes on the website, but he has a pretty good selection of Sportbike(FZ series) and cruisers that he rents. If you're interested give them a call and they'll let you know what they have.

https://renty.biz/

11. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I rented from a place called Pacific Cycle Company in San Jose. A good experience, but a search of the interwebs leads me to believe they are out of business...

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I've had good experience with Dubelju as well.

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Me too!

14. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I have used them before and jeff was great to deal with. He actually brought the bike right to the hotel I was staying it.

South Bay Sport Bike Rentals

http://southbaysportbikerentals.com/