1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ca repair gone awry

Discussion in 'General' started by gixer1100, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

brought my audi in for repair to local shop, needed a tow then new rack and alt. got the car home and looked in the trunk for the bumper cover for the tow hook, it was gone. called them right away (I live 5min from shop) this is a aftermarket bumper that's sold with the cover, a stock one will not fit. shop says they don't have it and never saw it (no kidding), however it was most def there when the car was dropped off and they were in the trunk to disconnect battery. They pretty much told me theyre not going to do anything about it...any recourse?? bumper id 550 plus paint. im livid at this point.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Whew. I thought you were trying to get California repaired. :eek:

I'd push them and have them check around the shop behind toolboxes and such acting as if it is just a mistake and be nice about it. Then if that doesn't work talk lawyer...

L8RSK8R, Chris, BigBird and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Does the tow guy have it?

4. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

Repair shop same as tow truck all one place? If not get with tow driver since he/she removed it.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would a tow truck use the weird stock Audi hook?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Isn't he looking for the bumper cover?

7. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

I work in a body shop...honestly the tow guys just pull those away...if there is a lanyard on it sometimes it stays..but for the most part...they are gone. Sometimes new bumpers don't come with them..it's a separate part. Ridiculous but true. Call the after market bumper company and see if they can help or grab a hobby knife and make one..

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought it was the little cover in the bumper where you can screw in the little eye/hook you use to attach a tow strap or winch cable.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Buy yourself a fifth of Jack, down it while stewing for
    two hours and then head down there and fuck some shit up.

DWhyte91, Sabre699, Chris and 3 others like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Mister Grumpypants, what are you looking for? The hook, the bumper cover or what?

11. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

He's looking for the square that covers the tow hook attachment point people. Jebus.
    Who removed the cover and put it in the trunk, and who attached the tow hook? If its both you, then go after the shop. If its the tow driver, they are on the hook for it. Did you use a credit card that you can contest the charges with?

12. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

I think you are going to have to eat it man...no chain of custody ...he said vs he said.....could have blown off in the accident..might never have been there..tow guys took it ? Body shop guys took it ? Jussie Smollett took it who knows..you can't be sure who lost it ? You just want your stuff..agreed cars look bad without them.. on the other hand it's small potates . I think your recourse is limited.

Wingnut likes this.
  13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

14. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

I took it off the car, put it in the trunk and put on the tow hook. it went to the shop like that. tow hook was in the back seat when I picked it up. tow truck driver didn't touch the cover. driver is not affiliated with the shop.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That or the OP was talking about a car, but was from Boston....

Phl218 and Banditracer like this.
  17. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Any similar cars on their lot with one of the bumpers covers?I'd be like,,,,, Oh there's my misplaced cover, must have got mixed up in the parts bin:crackup:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

That’s what Mannheim auction lots are for

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Probably in the car hiding, why steal it?

badmoon692008 and beechkingd like this.
  20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

418, BigBird, Sabre699 and 6 others like this.