1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C-superstock novice question

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Justin, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Justin

Justin Active Member

What place do you have to finish in points for this class in order to become an expert? And is there a better class to start out in as a first year racer? I appreciate any advice on diffrent classes. I really like my gsxr600, but I was shocked at the diffrence in riders that are in this class. I'm sure most of you no this, but there were alot of people in c-superstock that have never raced before, and the leaders are running such good times, they could have raced with a-superbike and finished 3rd. Is it that hard to move up in C-superstock? I thought i would be doing ok running 6s this weekend, but that was just good enough to finish in the top 20. If you were able to avoid the crash fest.
    Is C-superstock were most of the really really good experts come from? Winner 1:02.186 last place finisher 1:11.849 and 6 DNF. Is that safe? Again thanks for any advise. Just starting to look for a class were the skill level is alittle more equal.

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Short answer is RTRB

or

So if you only run C superstock, you would have to be in top 5 in the region or top 10 at the GNF.

3. Justin

Justin Active Member

what is RTRB? thanks for the answer. So is it common for someone to try and stay back in novice, just so they can win a bunch of races? When really they should be an expert. Makes it a little hard on the real novice guys.

4. Fuzzy317

Most times thats RTFRB Read the f***ing rule book, but I left out the f***. Some people try and stay back, but most times it just depends on what class they race in. Some racers have been advanced mid-season to expert by WERA, due to their performance. Riders that stay back as novice only to win races are often call "sand-baggers" or "cherry pickers".

5. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

yeah, they are called CHERRY PICKERS and should be in expert. I would rather be expert and get some suzuki money or try for it.

6. Justin

Justin Active Member

Sorry about the RTFRB. I'm the stupid one for not thinking of that. I was really looking for some input on the class and possibly other classes. So I just thought I would ask that question while i was at it. I just don't want to be stuck as a novice for ever. And from what I seen at Tally you have to be one of the best experts just beat the guy that won C-superstock novice. And on top of that you have to avoid be crashed by someone who is really just learning to race.

Sorry to be a pain.

7. Fuzzy317

Not being pain, just have questions. I raced in clubman novice, calmer and a bit more laid-back that C-superbike/superstock. A lot depends on the rider, as pointed out by my last 3 races, finished last or next to last in one race, DNF in other two. :(

8. Justin

Justin Active Member

Ya. I'll read the rule book and do some research on other classes. I really like the gsxr and like racing it. I think I turn pretty good times. But I have raced 1 Nat, 1 solo20, and 1 regional. Every time i start dead last or near and can only get half way through the feild by the end of the race! This past weekend I relized, even if I started in first place I still would have finished way back. like I said before, the guys in the top four are running A-supetstock times. I don't mind the fight to get up front, and i want to learn more so i can go faster, but I just don't want to spend the money on another year of being a novice, cause so many people are in the class, or some people want to be cool and stay back so they can win some races.

But I think I have got most of the answers i was looking for.
    Good luck to you and thanks again. I'm going to RTFRB:D :D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
  9. Bubber

Bubber Member

I was part of the Tally crash fest in the C Superstock race at the end of the back straight going into turn 4. Very competitive class. This is my first full year and I'm trying to do it on a 5 year old bike (99 F4) with 20 something k miles on it, and absolutely no suspension work at all until this week. But I've managed to have several 8th place finishes and several 10th place finishes. My best time on mylaps.com for Tally is posted as 1:05.030 on the lap before I crashed on Sunday at Tally. But, my tires had something like 60 something "race laps" on them at that point. I didn't have the money for new tires this weekend and had to run the same ones that I ran in the Solo and C Superstock at Roebling, as well as the shortened 8 lap C Superstock race at Tally in Feb. Pirelli's!!! The tires didn't put me down. I was trying to get by one of those pesky fast RR Honda's on the brakes going into turn 4 and he swung wide and crowded me (not on purpose). No room to turn in... only massive quantity of front brake before getting to the grass. Luckily scrubbed off enough speed that it didn't do much damage. There is definately a lot of heavy traffic in this class. I'm going to run this bike the rest of the season. But, next year it's probably going to be a new Honda. They are going fast...

Rob

WERA Southeast #823 600NV

10. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I started last year in the back of the pack usually 3rd wave in CSS & CSB. I worked my way up to get a couple of points( it was a hard battle trying to pass 30 riders in a 10 lap race). You have to finish 15th or better to score points. I now started the season in the first couple of rows and it is easier to stay up front than to fight your way to get there. It's a long hard road but if your running 6's than you will have a chance to gain some points.
    Good luck the rest of the season.:clap:

11. dgr29/291

dgr29/291 Well-Known Member

Just keep working it and you will get there.If you know anyone you could ride endurance with that will help a bunch.I raced one race last year on my bike but rode most of year on endurance team , and am a lot more comfortable in sprints.
    Good luck to you:beer:
    Starting in back makes it hard and slows you down cuz you have to work your but off to get around especially at Tally.:Puke: