1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. caferace

caferace No.

Hey now. I avoid the dungeon. It's all damp and mildewy. Don't lump me in with those cretins. :D

-jim

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

A thousand apologies, sir.

kpracingmax likes this.
  3. I'd trust you (actually would) do your bikes come with fresh Dunlops? :)

4. ped

ped Banned

Dunlop's and clogged injectors

5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Okay.... that's funny!

Sabre699 and MELK-MAN like this.
  6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

well played Sir's ;) .. LOL

track wagon, Goatse and Gino230 like this.
  7. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Melka's as stand up as they come AND he corners low. I'd trust him 110%. That being said... I'd still expect everything documented.... with all due respect! : )

vizsladog and MELK-MAN like this.
  8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I've never seen one of these posts end well.

John29 and MELK-MAN like this.
  9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

when i sell a bike, it's lots of details get written down. And , likely the original ad i would post would get printed out. It's been awhile since i sold a roadrace bike, but this is a GOOD WAY to keep problems from arising, or solve them should they..

edit: i also don't think it's an engine builders problem to solve, if a seller sells a bike that is said to have "such-n-such", and it's found to not have it all. the seller sold the bike, not the engine builder. but we reading these posts, are only getting bits and pieces of what all went down.

CBRpilot, vizsladog and SpeedyTide like this.
  10. I'll be honest man. I think most of us are just exhausted from the CMRA thread. I have a pitchfork but I sort of want to nap. Maybe milkshake it.

V5 Racer, Jedb and 418 like this.
  11. Ducti89

image.png image.png Thats the invoice that was referenced. Note the date.
    My bike doesnt have corrello rods...there stock as well.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't see how the engine builder is responsible for anything once the thing leaves his possession. At that point people can make up anything and who knows what actually happened to that bike.

For all you know that motor is somewhere else in another bike....

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  13. Ducti89

Correct. There is written conformation that the service was completed, albeit, contested by Sr.

14. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

He wanted it in text for evidence, not any other reason I'm sure.

p144 likes this.
  15. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Just had something similar, although not nearly as bad, happen to me. Bought an engine with a superstock build fresh never used, that was built by someone (wouldn't say who). Installed the engine, sent to the same dyno I send all my stuff to for years, and made less hp than my original BONE STOCK engine. I'm not mad at the seller of the engine one bit, I think he got hosed by his builder, and didn't know it. I assumed it was what he thought it was so I didn't go into it before installation, I'll run it for a minute then just build it myself. I guarantee you this kind of stuff happens all the time, the builder "builds" an engine then fugaboos the dynos' correction factor to make it look like it makes more hp than it actually does. Just my .02

16. SamG

SamG yellow plate for life!!

Whatever happened to delivering X build with X bike at X price?

17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

soooo horney right now!!!

Cajun Kid likes this.
  18. :crackup: :crackup:

lewisfair123 likes this.
  19. That only applies when the conversations are actually geared towards resolving the problem at hand, screaming and cussing does not solve anything.

It also doesn't apply when it is a situation of thousands of dollars being stolen/scammed out of, and pictures/facts/etc being presented. Once I had ridden the bike, felt the motor (or lack thereof), seen the dyno charts, and then saw the Rods...I would also want all future correspondence via text or email, because I would want the conversations documented.

20. So it appears Junge actually did built a 2mil Superbike motor with Carillo rods. But that isn't the motor that is in the OPs bike.

FWIW, this is the first time I have ever seen or heard of anyone having an (alleged) complaint with Mark Junge. By all accounts (at least as far as I have seen/heard/experienced), he is a very standup guy, that corners damn low.

jt21 and lostinbama like this.