1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

The only thing I would comment on is that it takes a while to get the reputation as "a stand up guy" in order to not need the build sheet.

BigBird likes this.
  2. The thing is, I think many of us (whether they will admit it or not), would find ourselves in the same boat as the OP. It isn't like he bought a bike off some random craigslist ad, if I was purchasing a bike from the name "Babuska Sr.", I would have assumed it was coming from a stand up guy (prior to this thread).

I mean, that is a "name" that has been in the sport for a long time, even at the Professional level.

3. I agree with this line of thinking. Great thing about documenting everything is to a) protect the seller b) protect the buyer. I don't think you need to document everything but I'd me getting more details on a 2mm motor with rods, etc. Would be nice to discuss hours (which I think the OP did), maintenance schedule, etc, etc. I'd definitely ask for the build sheet if that was a big reason I was buying a bike.

4. I can imagine someone mixing up tools and gear and watching both of your heads explode.

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't disagree - but until you have the rep, the build sheet is a moot point anyway. If you can't trust the builder why would you trust something they print off a computer?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just one point - I think build sheets make sense and I'd want one. I'm only talking about them being used as proof of something being done to the inside of an engine.

cav115 likes this.
  7. Jedb

I agree with you.
    I can tell you I put in carillo rods.
    I can print out a sheet that states it.
    I can give you OEM rods back implying that those are what were replaced.
    Doesn't mean it's been done.

But unless you trust me to have done the work, or you can get into the case yourself, you don't *know.*

Pixelator, Wheel Bearing and Phl218 like this.
  8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This.

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

How much more time after standing up does it to take to then "corner low"??

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Jedb

Depends on which institution the person graduated from.
    :D

Pixelator and Potts N Pans like this.
  11. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Did we ask Babuska's lap dog Melka if Babuska got a build sheet from MJ? Seems like the build sheets should be provided by the builder not the seller. I vaguely remember a hearsay pages back that indicated that MJ admitted that the rods were never put in the bike. MJ stated that Babuska didn't want to wait for them or something.

Slider82, Phl218 and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. Haha, no. We both know how to avoid head exploding type of situations.

He likes stuff neat, orderly, clean, etc. He likes to keep things professional looking. He admitted to me in the very beginning that was one of the reasons he agreed to start coming to the track with me. He said he tried a few times in years past, but the guys either were sloppy and shit, or they had shitty equipment (and didn't care), or they weren't serious about their racing, so on and so forth. So after a few instances of that, he stopped coming to the track for years until we partnered up.

He knows that I have nice stuff, all of my stuff is clean and/or new, and most importantly, I take it seriously. He knows that when I show up for a race weekend, I have been training my ass off, watching videos, and I have prepared myself as much as humanly possible to win. He is one of those "nothing is half-assed, you either do it right and do everything you can to win....or don't do it at all" types. So am I, so we get along great.

cav115 and BigBird like this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Damn! Did you marry the wrong person? :Poke:

Wheel Bearing, Phl218 and Johnny B like this.
  14. Jedb

Fully agree with you.
    Craigslist buy = seller needs to allow my mechanic to go through it.
    Buying from Houston SBK or Team Hammer, or the like = Request build sheet, have confidence stuff is in there.

The OP assumed the latter about Babushka, and got fsked for that.

15. Potts N Pans

Well, the chick at the gas station had all the boxes checked but one. She did not have the ability to survive on her own...her ability to acquire water was absent. Survival skills are important when selecting a mate...she was not a good choice to carry the species.

Broome stocked up for survival (bought all the damn water) and continued the search (left her shock)...:crackup:

16. :crackup:

Technically, she had the ability to acquire the water. She just didn't have the ability to keep her redneck mouth shut or her drunk ass walking straight...those two inabilities ultimately caused me to remove all of the water from the store, thereby rendering her ability to acquire the water useless. :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  17. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

He references an invoice on page 3 that i posted pics of.

vizsladog likes this.
  18. Potts N Pans

I wish the Discovery Channel would get the security camera footage and show the loud and (liquid) courageous jennyass unaware of the competition around the watering hole...ultimately having to try again at another source as the heat/thirst continued punish her.:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Given Broome's competitiveness, patience level for the weak and ability to embellish a story (see treadmill race). :)
    The poor lady was probably 80 years old and stumbled in with her cane and polity asked if she could bother for a spot of water to wash her heart medication down. For that she must pay :D

20. Potts N Pans

HA! He wouldnt hold back on an elderly lady!! :crackup: