1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burner Apps for selling on craigslist

Discussion in 'General' started by Rico888, May 4, 2022.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

It is still a seller's market. As said, FB marketplace is your best audience. If you don't want to do that, then try CT or eBay. Then again, if it's motorcycles.....have you posted them on the classifieds here?

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

For a few bucks a month you can get a number at NumberBarn. $2/mo gets you a parked number with texts forwarded to your email. You can respond from their app or web site so it looks like you are texting from the parked number.

For less, you can get a number at voip.ms and have the texts forwarded to your email. This is a VOIP provider, and as such it isn't non-geek friendly. Harder to reply as if you are texting from the number.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I sell a bike or accessory about twice a month on CL I advertise all of my rental properties through that or hotpads.
    Searchtempest & zillow search engines pick the posted ads up in an hour or 2 & its off to the races for the target search. The ads hide my # but a user of the CL app could text or email right from the ad.

FB uses marketplace as the draw/dopamine to keep users on. That doesnt work for me.
    Plus they can read your provider # & rest assured they get primo $$ for that lead when they sell.

4. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Never had a problem doing the email thing. Weeds out people not serious enough to type and email, and you can choose to reply or not after reading it.

Scout likes this.
  5. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Iconic is down the street from me but mine aren't 'Iconic" enough:confused:
    A couple Buells, MV Agusta, Road Glide, Ninjette, CR125, Etc.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So you are in the LA area. I can try to help you with Facebook on one bike and see how it works out? I’m on there because of racing years ago and still go every couple days.

7. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Yeah use the internet feature for Craigslist.
    Craigslist is fading into obscurity, but I still find better deals still on Craigslist.

Just picked up a Miller 140 welder, for $450.00
    And a used 1x Hobart Handler 140 for $300
    I really don't like using Facebook.. I hate the company..and their minions...lol

There's 10 times the scams on Facebook too and 10 times the fucking idiots calling you it's really irritating advertising stuff for sale on Facebook.
    You get exponentially far more more views options on Facebook, but that comes the hordes of idiots

8. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Thats a super generous offer Thank You:) Because of this thread I enlisted the help of my GF to do exactly that. She's Moto-concious so hopefully it works out! I already got one hit on the Harley and, 2 appointments to see the Ninja 300 tomorrow. Lets see what happens...