1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bump to Expert

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffr1ey, Sep 23, 2014.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Won't get lapped by the leaders.

That is my benchmark for myself any time i'm at a new-to-me track.

2. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

LOL.. well, this is my first year racing since 2012. i probably would have been bumped, but i have never completed a full season..

i think i'm ready, but if i don't get the letter, do i just request the bump? i don't know what the process is, so that's why i'm looking for clarity.

wouldn't mind trying to go for a championship next year though. :D

3. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

If you don't get the bump you can request it via an email. I did back mid season in 2012, but in the end finished out as a NV.

Def think you would dominate as NV next year. But I would like to see you on the grid with us Experts. Bet you would surprise a few white plates, my self included. :rock:

4. jeffr1ey

:up:

you going to make GNF or are you done for the year?

5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how they base it. A friend ran 3 races and got bumped from novice to expert because of his "finishes and lap times". But yet, the top novice this year, is faster and had better finishes and raced all year as a novice and he hasn't got bumped. So I'm not sure how it works.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014

6. :crackup:

Nice one!

And not that far off what the first expert weekend felt like to me. :D

7. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

If you feel your not ready to move up to expert just ask to remain in novice for one more season. The main thing is they don't want is people sandbagging in novice ranks. If you are allowed to stay novice WERA will reserve the right to bump you mid season if you come in as a second year novice and start winning all the races. This is a personal decision that you have to make about were you are at with the experience you have.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I didn't read all the posts, but most guys usually suggest bumping up, as it makes you faster.

I obviously haven't seen you race, but if WERA leaves you a novice, I actually think there is benefit running for the Novice championship, and winning tire contingency. This sport is expensive and every little bit will help. Plus the money saved may help keep you racing for more years, or that saved money could go towards some race schools that will make you faster and safer, which will keep you in the sport longer.

Out here the novices often start behind the experts. So you can work your way into the experts and learn that way too.

9. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Yeah,

I'm out of cash. Starting to save for next year all ready.

10. jeffr1ey

cool

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In WERA?

We don't bump anyone mid year unless they request it.

12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Was in wera. Last year. And the person who got bumped, sent a letter and was still refused to stay novice.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ummm....HELLO!

14. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

+1. Everyone should have the chance to race 1 full season in novice. ..if they want to, of course. My first season was only 3 reg races starting mid/late-ish summer(podium'd once in BSB). Still made it to the GNF(but was way back of course), but crashed in the rain trying to pass everyone at once lol .
    So the next yr I decided to make a go of the entire series, staying in novice. That season ended up with a win at the GNF in BSB. Which in turn gave me free entry in that class for the entire next yr. Plus gaining several sponsors for my first expert season. Both of which in turn again..helped immensely toward winning the 2 regional expert titles that yr, again in BSB(ended up 2nd in Formula USA dammit). ..which in turn again..gave me 1/2 off entry fee for BSB for the entire NEXT season, yet again.

So yes, one could argue that racing novice for that first entire season, can pay off in some ways.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

:crackup:

16. jeffr1ey

:up:

17. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

..which in turn again...lol:D

When I did go expert after that first full season in novice, I was well seasoned and had a much better grasp of what it was going to take to go faster(I practiced visualization heavily all winter. most of which was geared toward increasing entry speed. I'm a big advocate for this simple practice. plus a couple WERA practice days at Tally to reinforce it. the result was gaining 2 full seconds there just over the winter). Then at the very first race of the season in Feb(at Tally) after battling hard with Kurt Hall the entire time, I won both my first ever expert races in BSB and Formula.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the other person finished better last year in the same classes and was allowed to stay Novice? That doesn't make sense with how we do things sorry.

19. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Shut it, retiree.

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

wait, what?

forget everything I may have said prior. If you can be king of the novices, go ahead and do it. I didn't know this was the prize. That's totally worth it.