1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullets you dodged?

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Sep 22, 2018.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

What are some of the bullets you have dodged in life?

One of mine was I came within 20 mins of buying a Merkur XR4Ti.

Whew, that was close.....

BigBird and LisaU like this.
  2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

.22's ...return fire from barges after throwing rocks at them :D

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Bank robbers shooting at me, at least in my direction. Guess they didn't like me taking their picture. :D

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not sure, but I don't think OP was referring to actual bullets. :D

scottn, Phl218 and DrA5 like this.
  5. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Burst T11 and L2 vertebrae and damaged every vertebrae from T2 to L4 resulting in T9-L3 fusion. I still walk.

BigBird, tropicoz, Funkm05 and 2 others like this.
  6. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I never lost a several thousand dollar deposit because I commited to buy a bike I couldn't afford

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I flew to Bosnia once, landed under sniper fire.

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Survived a plane crash. Private plane. We landed on an unmanned airstrip that was snow covered not knowing that someone plowed half of the runway which resulted in all of the plowed snow in a mound in the center of the runway. One of the props struck the snow mound and sent us spinning down the runway. Plane slammed against the snow mound and we started to tip over. Fortunately it tipped back and landed on the wheels.

9. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Pulling out in time with my ex.

10. If this is referring to real life “near death” experiences, where you were inches or seconds away from not making it out of a situation, I’ve got several.

I’ve also got one that did cost a coworker and friend of mine his life, seconds after I avoided it. For all intents and purposes, it could have (and possibly should have) been me. I’m not quite ready to talk about it publicly though. I can say that no amount of action movies or horror films can prepare you for seeing your buddy’s head split in half and brains spilling out on the deck.

Those images never leave you.

11. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

Had a run in with the sheriff once. Bit and spit. The bite imprint in my board was inched from my torso.

12. Something happened in high school that makes me wonder how things would went if I would have been in a different position.

Midnight after a football game a bunch of us got in a huge brawl with guys from our rival school. It was somewhat planned, we all met in a field and went after it.

At one point me and a buddy (also named Chris) were side by side fighting guys off. Someone came from the side and swung a baseball bat at face level.

We were warned by one of our friends yelling. I saw the bat out of the corner of my eye and instinctually ducked.

Chris wasn’t as quick/lucky and caught the bat right in the mouth.

It knocked all of his front teeth out, shattered his jaw, and really fucked his face up. He had multiple corrective surgeries and never looked right afterwards.

He missed months of school, failed out, didn’t get his GED, didn’t go to college, and got hooked on drugs. Last I heard he had gotten in trouble with the law, and left for Mexico.

It is eerie to think how similar our lives and paths were leading up to that point, then he took the bat to the face that was meant for me.

We both had multiple stepdads, both moved a lot bouncing between govt assisted housings, and had both tried to run away from home. We made similar grades, were planning on going to the same college, and even played nearly the same position in 2 sports; he was the opposite corner in football, I played Centerfield and he played Left Field in baseball.

Then he took the bat in the face that was meant for me.

It’s is scary to think that could have been me, and how his life went to shit afterwards.

That was a huge bullet dodged.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    The_R1_Kid, sbk1198, BigBird and 7 others like this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It sounds dangerous to be friends with you.

Cajun Kid, XFBO, ToofPic and 2 others like this.
  14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Me and two buddies pulled a train on a waitress at the bar we all worked at...none of us had condoms so I just played the back nine. My buddies were too drunk and stupid to do that and they both caught a nasty case of the clap...we still laugh about it 20 years later.

socalrider and Wingnut like this.
  15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

True but you could get a lot of free, barely used face shields from hanging out with him.

badmoon692008 and Gorilla George like this.
  16. I used to get into a lot of shit. I had a smartass mouth, short temper, and was very loyal/protective. That combo didn’t go very far towards keeping me out of trouble.

I didn’t have a lot of friends, but I would do anything for the ones I did have. This particular fight (that night with the bat) didn’t even have anything to do with me. I was sticking up for a friend.

No more worries though, Im mature now. :D

G 97 likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Well, that's obvious.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Guy put a Browning to my head at a party, we were 14-16 years old.
    Pulled the trigger...fortunately for everyone involved, the one bullet they/he had was in a planter on top of the fireplace. (northern Ireland in mid 1980's)

Went to a friends fathers house (no longer friends) in Oakland.
    Drinking gin all night with the father & sister. Dad get's freaked out, thinks I'm gonna fuck his daughter.
    Brings me into a spare bedroom, opens his gun safe and puts a gun to my head.

Bullet was in the chamber, I head butted him and he dropped to the floor.

I subsequently sent him to a hospital a few months later, when he came down to San Diego and we hung out. Same shit, guess he thought I wanted to fuck errybody.
    He got into my face, I headbutted him again.

His son knew his Da was in the wrong.

Dipshits like that, shouldn't drink and own guns at the same time.

P.S he's a private investigator.

ToofPic likes this.
  19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe , but we were :crackup::D

G 97 likes this.
  20. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Why no love for the XR? Once you drop in a 302, T5z trans and a IRS 8.8, they're awesome. Oh, big brakes help too.

Attached Files:

TurboBlew, panthercity and DrA5 like this.