1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bruce Canepa: some AMAZING restorations.....

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Apr 8, 2019.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I've been lucky enough to see some of Bruce's restorations in person, but if you want to kill some time there are some truly amazing documentations of what goes into these concours-quality showpieces.

Of note is a couple resto-mod 959's that Bruce has done, to the tune of about $2M a piece (not including the car, obviously), and an INCREDIBLE restoration of the famous Sunoco 917/30 "Turbo Panzer" Can-Am car.

https://canepa.com/category/eye-candy/projects/

Sabre699 likes this.
  2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I like the UOP Shadow.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that emerald green is the best looking 959 I've ever seen.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Something about that L&M Lola...it's just raw.

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Those 917s.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Cobra.

7. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

All of ‘em, especially the Can Am cars. I like the original ones better than the modernized ones. Cobra’s nice too.

The 1951 Ferrari 212 Vignale restoration is really nice. In the early or mid 60’s you’d see stuff like that advertised in the want ads in Road & Track for like $5000 or less. Sometimes guys would put chevys in them if the V12s croaked. Now, not so much.

8. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I was lucky to see Mark Donahue drive that Sunoco 917/30 at Road Atlanta back in the mid 70's.

Damn, it's been 45 years since my first visit to Road A. Can-Am, AMA, WERA, SCCA, Petit Lemans, etc. Always a good time.

NemesisR6 likes this.