1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browning BLR White Gold Medallion

Discussion in 'General' started by lizard84, Nov 24, 2017.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Anybody shot one?

Went to with my son in law and bother in law to help them shop rifles in Cabelas today, it took everything I had to walk away without that gun under my arm. What a beautiful rifle. Just wow!

2. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Never shot the Medallion but I’ve got a first year Belgian BLR.308 and ‘81 BLR .308 and my pops has an early model .358. Hands down my favorite rifles. Beware, old model magazines are worth almost as much as the rifles themselves.

Edit- before I lost them all in that tragic boating accident

bored&stroked and Steeltoe like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Got a couple Belgian gold trigger bird guns. Fine shooters. Retired them years ago after hearing the damascus barrels aren't made for modern loads.

4. lizard84

The rifle I’m referring to is new, not used, modern action and a work of art

5. Sprinky

Just buy the damn thing. The BLR is a great gun. You won’t regret it

6. lizard84

I know, I know, I’m just trying to decide between 308 or 300 Winchester short mag.

7. Sprinky

Easy. Both :flag:

8. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

.308 is more plentiful and much more economical per round.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Curious as to Cabela's price? Some guy has a brand new one on Armslist that he's been asking $820 for about a month now.

It's a beautiful rifle but I want an M1a too so it's one or the other.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just great...damn thread...now I want one. :D

[​IMG]

11. lizard84

$1499,

But in my case it’s $1061 before tax because I know someone in the gun warehouse outside of Wheeling WV, his gun discount varies but it’s over $400 for the BLR

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I love me some lever guns, but a 7mm mag just doesn't see to fit that type of gun. Even 308 seems out of place.

13. lizard84

Say what?

Savage Model 99 was manufactured from like 1899–1998, my grandfather had one in 308.

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I think Winchester, Marlin and Henry when I think lever guns. 30-30, .35 Remington, 44, 45-70, cartridges like that.

15. lizard84

Welcome to 1970, glad you could make it.:beer:

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So I was just at gun shop in the middle of SW Minnesota(about 3000 guns), and spotted one of these in 7mm-08. Weird.

17. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

I think .357 would be cool in a lever gun. Plinking with .38spl then loading .357 is fun.

What am I saying, any shooting is fun.

18. lizard84

Kind of went that route, I did buy two but the white medallion browning wasn’t one of them. I decide against it for two reasons, it’s was just too nice, more of a looking at rifle, the other was the white medallion version isn’t chambered in a straight walled cartridge that are now legal in Ohio for deer hunting. I live in Florida but we have land and family in Ohio so I needed something that was legal there.

With a Maine bear hunt slated for next year and a Elk hunt planned for 2019 I ended up buying a kind of generic Savage Model 16/116 Trophy Hunter XP Bolt-Action Rifle in stainless steel with a Nikon 3x9 scope in 7 mm Remington magnum, nothing special but like most savage rifles it should be a great shooter, not the scope I would have picked but it was a package. Probably end up eith a Leopold sooner or later. Of course it ain’t Ohio legal soooo....

I couldn’t get that browning out of my head, loved the feel of it. I discovered they had a stainless version in a straight walled cartridge so I also bought a browning BLR lightweight stainless in 450 marlin. It should kick like a mule! It’s getting a leopold on a DNZ low mount.

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I have the same issue with "to nice to hunt with" gun. My 9422 is just that. I'm trying to sell it because its not fun to worry about damage caused by sldinging it, or worrying about wiping it down so it doesn't rust from finger prints

terminus est likes this.
  20. lizard84

I won’t buy any firearm that is not stainless, I love the blued stuff but I where I live on the gulf coast its just easier going the stainless route.