1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(British) Superbike Electronics

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 6, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

BSB is more Works than WSBK at this point. That Honda is crazy.

418 likes this.
  3. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Great vid. Is the effort $$$$ to manage fuel/ignition/ gear /rpm map to control wheel spin really any less than if they also had TC and launch control?

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

BSB rules may not let them run TC or launch/wheelie control. I haven' t read rule book but with easy availability to them it' probably just not allowed, which I agree with anyway .:D

6. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. No its not allowed so most limit engine power or throttle at certain parameters to help with traction.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Controlling wheel spin by means other than comparing 2 wheel speed sensors and cutting the ignition is still traction control. If you are monitoring rise in RPM over a specific time window you can still cut the ignition if it exceeds defined values. Ask Suzuki how that ran traction control in the AMA without it being "traction control". You just don't have the best control over it without the wheel speed sensors.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

badmoon692008, 5axis and 418 like this.
  10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I, for one, am happy to see a Honda thread amongst all the 'Zuki hoopla. :D
    Thank you, Papa!

11. That is not what they are doing in a dynamic sense though. There is no “active” tc. They are doing it with fuel/ignition and throttle input at various scenarios where they encounter wheel spin in an attempt to limit it but there is no reactive system on the bike. Just like a rider that goes from 0-20% throttle immediately and can’t seem to change their style regardless of what you do so you put the 20% throttle opening from the throttle at say 5% actual opening on the throttle bodies.

5axis likes this.
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I guess it depends on what the ECU is allowed do to while the bike is on track. If it is allowed to dynamically change mapping for fuel, ignition or throttle control then it is "active". If they are simply inserting parameters between sessions and the ECU is only allowed to use those parameters then I guess we could call that static.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Don't forget the Canadian rednecks launching riding lawn mowers off ramps. That shit's the greatest.

14. Chip

Chip Registered

I love it when people refer to electronics as "traction control."

blake holt likes this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well I personally love to peruse the traction control department of Walmart everytime I go there for a case of oil :)

16. It’s static.

17. Without tc as well.

18. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Those bikes are serious machines. Really cool videos.