1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone v02 slick review 120 soft 200 med.

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Jan 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Good day everyone. I rode at chuckwalla valley raceway yesterday. Was suppose to race but the SV650 wasn't done in time. So I have been wanting to run the bridgestones for contingency. I have a 2017 zx10r with ktech suspension front and rear set up by Lenny Albin. I figured I would do something for the day to maybe give some insight on some tires since there isn't a ton of reviews out there from the general population.

I shot some videos of the track I will be posting it for my racing channel soon once I get home from the weekend.

I have rode Dunlops, Pirelli, and the Bridgestones. All in the last year.

I will let the videos talk as far as how the tires were and the info about them.

All I can say is that I have run the old version of the bridgestones the new v02 version is heads and shoulders above the old version.

These tires surprised me I was hoping that would be on par with Dunlop and Preilli and they were better in almost every.

Huge shout out to stick boy for the tires and the info about the tires... the pressures I read online were very different compared to the pressures he gave me. Which I think is a big reason alot of people run these tires and don' like them. That's just my thought. Either way I am a fan and I will be using these all year. They learned a few things in motogp!!!

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Thanks for the review and thanks for giving us the tire pressures

3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I haven' put the video up yet!!!

4. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

It was 78 degrees at the highest temp. the first session was about 65 degrees.

Hot off warmers was 34 front and 21 hot rear. Off the track after the 2nd session They were 35 front and 23 hot.

In the videos I have video of the tires and such.

5. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Big boy racing is my channel I will get home tomorrow and then work on getting the video up by Wednesday. I have duty on Monday.

6. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Those temps and pressures seem familiar.

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Glad they worked well for you. We have a lot of success here in the SE.

8. Lavana

Lavana The coming

How do they last compared to the Dunlops?

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Stick is the shiznit. Him and his lovely wife. Some of the best people on the planet.

10. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

That Stick person, rocks! :)

stickboy274 likes this.
  11. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

The best part I think about them is just that... they lasted all day and I will have some pics of the wear dots. Also turned my fastest laps in my 7th session. Never had a moment... I was blown away. The grip was so constant. Way way more than the Preilli..... those work great and then fall off fast.

stickboy274 likes this.
  12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I turned my fastest lap time in session 7 at a 1.53, while also being in B group having to dodge riders and not able to really get a clean lap in. The reason I was in B group was because A group was sold out in the beginnng of Dec, I was planning on being on my SV650 but it was not done yet so I took my zx10 instead.

13. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

We race the VO2 Bridgestone slicks in world endurance. Always run the soft except at Suzuka which is SUPER abrasive...then we solely run mediums.

I’ve used a rear at LeMans on a third stint...meaning it already had nearly 2 hours on it...it was smoked by the end of that but still useable and not dangerous. But a front and rear are definitely good for 2 hours of straight riding.

I’d switch to the soft to be honest unless you’re at some amazingly abrasive track. Even a soft rear gives you tons of life but you’ll actually gain traction too!

We work directly with the Bridgestone tech at world endurance...same guys who used to servive Moto GP and work with Rossi, Marquez, etc... before the switch to Michelin.

14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I will try the soft rear then to!!

stickboy274 likes this.
  15. brl0301

brl0301 Well-Known Member

so you were the guy lapping me in b group? i thought i was going slower than usual but I guess you were just hauling ass!

16. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

That was me.. I was trying to be respectful and not be that guy. I asked if they would bump me up and they said no.... O well I didn't hit anyone and never had a close call so all is well.

17. blake holt

blake holt Well-Known Member

+1

18. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

What bridgestone rear do you use (or going to use) on your sv?

19. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

On the SV we run them (the Bridgestones) in a 5-hour endurance (~135 laps) and I can usually use the rear for a practice day after and the front for another entire race weekend. I've not run anything else so not much to compare to, but I can't imagine there are other tires out there that would go lots longer.

stickboy274 likes this.
  20. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I got med for the 165.

stickboy274 likes this.