1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by GRH, Jun 23, 2016.

1. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

welcome to the definition of democracy. :)

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I suspect that a ton of us actually did say that. I know I did. :D

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

'BOUT F*CKIN' TIME!! I wish they'd close down the tunnel while they're at it

4. turtlecreek

they would, but they need a path to send back the illegals.

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how much effect current world affairs had to do with Briton's vote. One of this drive towards a more "global community" creates problems that continues to crop up more and more with the increasing influx of immigrants and Jihadist individuals that go into Europe including Briton. I suspect that ISIS, with their current actions, is making people start to think about maybe stopping the Jihadists easy movement into many of these countries. Maybe Briton has gotten tired of the EUs soft outlook on Jihad ism.

6. britx303

Yeah im not sure how the society sponges over there are taking all of this........:D

7. turtlecreek

"maybe"? really? did you see the video of that sonofabitch slitting the soldiers throat on the street?....vulgar....evil....good on the UK for growing a pair. stupid politicians actually let the people have a say....we should take note.

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Catapult?:D

turtlecreek likes this.
  9. britx303

Britain had no problem sending joos over to Germany by boat back in the 30's.....so f*ck the tunnel.

10. turtlecreek

ouch.....much of the globe had this problem at that that time.

11. britx303

What problem??

12. turtlecreek

daaaaamnnnnn......

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It's headed to France. Trebuchet. :D

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Just some random thoughts.

I for one am not happy about this at all, I think it is a huge mistake. In fact I'm so fucking pissed off I don't know how to put it into words. On a purely selfish level I am very liable to lose a lot of money because of it, if and I believe it will end up being true, that the pound stays low and gets even lower the pensions that I have in the UK will take a huge hit. I was planning to slowly cash them out over the next few years and transfer them to my retirement account here, that's all up in the air now. Those pensions were tied up until I turned 60, guess what, that happened last week.

On a broader front, my brother works for a US company and is VP of world wide sales, he thinks that things on that front are going to get really bad in the UK. The town I lived in in the UK had the European headquarters of Microsoft, Sun Systems. Cisco and others, it was a good place for them to be located, an English speaking country with easy access to the European markets. There was a lot of cross-border employment within those organisations, I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at re-locating.

I don't know how things will pan out but I'm expecting the worst, all because David Cameron put his own and his party's interests before that of the nation. It is ironic that the leader of the conservative government will probably be responsible for the breakup of the United Kingdom.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That tunnel and what it enables played a big part in this vote.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Perhaps they can now get rid of the money sucking "Royals"....

17. turtlecreek

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...n-trade-relations-with-Britain-outside-the-EU

what you keep hearing is the financial guys saying "keep it as it is"....so, before it happened, keep them in....now that it is done, "oh don't punish them"....bottom line is, whatever keeps things stable, means predictable, means they can make money. i grow weary of "big "x" "....big gov't. big business. big money. while we all fight each other over little piddly crap, "big" fleeces all of us. wake up. put away emotions. your freedom matters. dems, pubs, companies....none of them give a damn about your freedom. the only thing you have is the dream of a bunch of revolutionists who put it down on paper, in terms that were relevant to their time and now, we just let it slip through our fingers.

18. turtlecreek

we did....and then replaced them 200 years later with pubs, dems and GE....

19. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

If other countries jump on the bandwagon and ride the current momentum I wouldn't expect these companies to be pulling up their tentstakes just yet
    The EU is dead, there were cracks in their foundation before this started, the vote is just another domino to fall.
    Draghi's monetary bazooka isn't going to have any effect. Jean Claude Juncker better get his resume updated.

turtlecreek likes this.
  20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

And just what did it enable?