1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brembo calipers gsxr

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mpp12, Dec 20, 2011.

1. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

Will a set of 2011 gsxr 600 calipers brembo, fit a gsxr 1000 K7 bike?

Is there a substancial gain in brake power?
    Considering you already have a good MC and lines.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

All japanese bikes with radial calipers will swap with one another, they are all 108mm caliper spacing. The only caveat to this is the 07-12 R1 calipers which are 130mm. European bikes (Ducati, Aprilia, KTM, MV etc) have 100mm caliper spacing.

Substantial gain in braking power? No

They weigh slightly more than R6 monoblock calipers. And the location of the bleed nipple looks like a serious pain in the ass (it faces inside towards the center of the wheel). Bear in mind, these are the bottom of the barrel OEM version Brembos. They are not M4 forged monoblocks.

3. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Yeah, don't bother. I think I have a set of r6 calipers that have the right spacers for the k7 gsxr 1k and real good vesrah srjl pads. Let me know if your interested.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

For OEM setup this setup is the biz. I've got this on my bike and it's ass over tea kettle every time.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup

R6 calipers loaded with SRJL17s, Brembo 19x18 on my K5 and it's 1 finger braking for any and all situations

6. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Sean, you no longer have those lol. I bought them of you early this year.

7. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

crap....thanks buddy. I've hit my head to many times. How do they work? I do have another set laying around, must be stockers

8. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

The K9's monoblocks are decent too, Lighter, smaller, easier to change the front wheel, same pads as the k7 too.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The R6 calipers also have smaller pistons so they give a different feel at the lever. The R6 has 30mm and 27mm pistons. I'm not sure what the new K9 monoblocks have in them, but the old 2 piece Tokicos on GSXRs are 34mm and 32mm

10. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

I have the R6 Calipers with Vesrah pads and a Beringer 20.6x14 forged Master... Braking feel and power is phenomenal!!!

[​IMG]

:D Luis

11. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

how thick are the spacers for r6 calipers in the K7

12. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Depends on what size rotors you have. They are either 2mm (310mm) or 7mm (320mm) IIRC.

13. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

stock K7

14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

But sometimes you either will need spacers, or you will need to machine down the calipers.
    It all depends of your disc size.

15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

2mm

16. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

^ there is a guy TWF2 on this board, from TFWRacing.com... He makes the spacers you need...

That is where I purchased mine...

Hey what's up Zoran?

:D Luis

PS: I dont know why but every time I see Zoran, I always think of Zorro!

[​IMG]

Can some one edit THE LEGEND OF ZORRO for THE LEGEND OF ZORAN?

:crackup:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  17. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Yup! Zoran is the only guy I use for my spacers too. He sold me some spacers when I ran the same setup SPL is using, and he made the spacers for my current setup also. :beer:

[​IMG]

18. tf1075

tf1075 Well-Known Member

What year R6 calipers? what size spacers would they need?
    thanks

19. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

04-06 R1 not sure about what year R6s 2mm spacers

20. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

R6v from 06 and newer.