1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking News!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by BSA43, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup: :clap:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They were losing fans before the chase and the goofy stuff they have now.

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Despite coming from a family of stock and midget car drivers, I can't stomach NASCAR. Are they really down on attendance? That whole project at Daytona sure speaks differently.

The north grandstands now reach to the sky. Plus International Speedway Corp. developed all that land north of the track with a big movie theater, Bass Pro Shops and other retailers.

Doesn't look like the France family is hurting.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The France family isn't hurting. The turn 3 grandstands at the south podunk race, though.... fuckin' EMPTY

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

The new seats are all multi colored and look full on a Monday morning. So...:D

But really, having lived here for the vast majority of my life, I've come to realize that these Frances are nobody's fool. Why would they dump all that money into the facility if it's a sinking ship?

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How are the TV ratings?

7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I never disliked NASCAR until they took over and killed off Speedvision. You used to be able to turn the TV on and see some form of racing. WRC,SBK,GP,F1,old NASCAR, New Nascar,those badass jet boats. I mean something of some form with a motor in it was racing. Then they went to reality TV for NASCAR. So yea. Fuck NASCAR. :mad:

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I think NASCAR started pricing themselves out of most fans reach by raising prices on merchandise, tickets and all that during an "economic turmoil". Combine that with how they neutered the cars over the years (restrictor plates and what-not) and every car looks the exact same profile-wise I could see them losing customers.

9. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I'm sure some specific races like Daytona are still well attended. Heck, the Indy 500 still does well but the rest of the season mostly sucks.

10. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

Done. Put a fork in nascrap. Fuck'em

11. joec

joec brace yourself

Them dammed toyotas.