1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking News!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by BSA43, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Reeeeeeeeeeealy big news around here!

Dale Jr. retires!

Film at 6.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Who?

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Allot of people seen this coming. He really hasn't done much as of late

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's sold a lot of tickets and Mountain Dew :D

panthercity likes this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

NASCAR is an awesome cure for insomnia. I keep a couple of races on the DVR for Sunday nap time.

JJJerry, BigBird, panthercity and 2 others like this.
  6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

As much as I love MotoGP, there's no denying that sound will lull you into nappy nap time. I usually have to watch it in two parts. The first part, then watch the last 5-7 laps again when I wake up. The sound is the perfect pitch to knock me out.

Sause01 and BigBird like this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

"Film at six"???....

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

He finally turned right.....

TLR67 and masshole like this.
  9. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Maybe he's taking 99's seat.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

After 2017 season

11. Sure as hell did, he had a following that's for sure.

12. He's retiring because of the loud generators and lack of tire warmers. Unlike some people he can't go fast on cold tires.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This seems to be becoming a problem for NASCAR. Jeff Gordon, Carl Edwards, and now THE Jr. Hell, even reach back and add Mark Martin to the list of top-tier drivers who retired well before they were too damn old to be competitive. I would add Michael Waltrip to the list, but he never really was competitive except on the two tracks where you just hold it to the floor and hang on. Even Derrike Cope and Bobby Hillin, Jr could win on those tracks. (Who? you ask... Exactly! I reply)

Looking at the stands for recent races, there are damn near as many empty seats as full ones.

Can they get back to the boom days of the late 90s and early oughts? How? Especially with the biggest names leaving well before they begin to embarrass themselves (looking at you, DW).

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What has 10,000 Legs and 3 sets of teeth?

Front row at Talladega.....

Gorilla George and badmoon692008 like this.
  15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

NASCAR killed itself. Notice how they don't show the crowd anymore? It's because the lack of the crowd.

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

They've actually taken seats out at tracks, to make it seem more crowded.

drop likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

The entire breaking a race into segments and rewarding points based on this is stoopid. You could actually win a race and leave that weekend but lose position in the standings based on segment points. Sorry, but that's not racing.
    Don't get me started on the welfare corporate sponship dollars that have little to no ROI. But hey at least the CEOs and board members can get a company paid vacation at the expense of the shareholders and rub elbows with the other big wigs all under the guise of a business trip.

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Ya'll laugh, but I've got a BIL in WV on 24 hour watch because of this news:D

19. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Thus the "genius" of Bruton Smith.

He painted the seats many different colors so a fleeting TV view makes the empty seats look filled.

20. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I watched regularly up until they started with the chase stuff... in my opinion, once they started messing with the points, chase, segments, ect... it became a joke. nascar didn't want racing, they wanted entertainment. well, they found out... their audience wanted racing, and it shows in the stands.

have a few one off goofy points races that are for purse money (ie: all star events). leave the season title based on real points, and wins accumulated over the course of a long season. that IS racing. Ski