1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Braunschweiger

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Apr 18, 2019.

?

Braunschweiger

1. Food for men

51.1%
  2. OK

15.6%
  3. GTFO

33.3%
  1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sounds gay and European. Like Cannoli.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

/End of thread.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go to smaller places that source local moo cows and good butchers and bakers and you'll find the same quality in the US easily. Just as you can hit the bigger groceries in Germany and find the same crap we eat :D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Phl218 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno if you're joking or serious - either way funny :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is also called liverwurst. Usually in the packaged deli meat section at any Kroger/Publix whatever. Basically a seasoned chopped liver (beef and pork) along with some other meat bits and spices ground into a pate in a tube shape like Jimmy Dean sausage. Very much German. Also very much amazing good stuff, I'll have a chunk of it and a chunk of cheese for lunch with some real mustard and life is good.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Deli? As in delicatessen?

Oh no you didn't!...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't what? I'm confused. Should I have said lunchmeat section instead? Or just prepackages sliced meat type products? :D

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who needs a deli or a butcher when you can buy meat out of the back of a truck? :D

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fixed.

That nasty ass shit those cheeseheads choke down would gag a maggot.

10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have fun shopping for it at tracks, most stores have a local variety for sale along with either Oscar or Kahns.

12. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Hold my barfbag.

13. FYI, "Braunschweiger" is a US brand
    Yeah, can definitely find crap food here, but in general, the supermarket stuff here is of higher quality than in the US. Food quality standards are more strict in the EU. There are lots of US food products that cannot be imported here. As a result, lots of US brands are made here, with better-quality ingredients.

For instance, you can buy Heinz ketchup here, but it is not made with HFCS and does not have preservatives.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Generic product name not brand but yeah.

Isn't it a name for people from a specific area there?

15. Real Braunschweiger is Mettwurst, not liverwurst.

16. Yes, and no (or as we say succinctly in German,“Jein.“) Braunschweig is a city. Braunschweiger is an officially recognized type of sausage that originally came from there. It is similar enough to liverwurst that it’s hard to argue the difference. Nevertheless, in Germany, there is always disagreement...

Phl218 and MachineR1 like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm talking to a group that is 99.99% based in the US and no way I'll get into all the true wurst names :crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, could swear it was the name for people from I think Brunswick, been a long time since my last burst of wurst research.

19. You are actually correct. The English call the German city of Braunschweig „Brunswick.“ It was part of the British Occupation Zone post-WW2.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator