1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brakes

Discussion in 'General' started by vince69007, Jul 1, 2010.

1. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

im a new novice racer. im going to need a set of front brake pads for my 04 CBR600rr. stock rotors. suggestions?

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Vesrah RJL's.

3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

EBC extreme pro

4. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

:stupid:

what he said x1000

5. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

ive never heard of vesrah. so i looked them up. are they really that great? cause wow they are cheap compared to the EBC's. i can kit out my street and race bike with them for the price of a set of EBC lol.

6. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

SBS Dual Carbon

7. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

:stupid:

What they said x1000 + 1

... or Vesrah's SRJL (which is what I'm using).
    Yes.

8. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

9. Dr. GoFast

??? depends what model pad you're referring to. There are both cheap and expensive EBC's. from the information i've gathered over the years- EBC's leave a lot to be desired compared with vesrahs. and yes, vesrahs really are that great!

10. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I'm a Vesrah fan.

Give thr RJL's a try first.

Do you have braided brake lines on your race bike????

11. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Vesrah RJL's.

-steve

12. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

OEM... they will last all season and if your a new racer you wont need anything more. We won 3rd in the MOM Endurance Championship in 07 I think on my 04 600rr. Ran the whole season, sprints and Endurance on the same set of pads.

Got a set here. $40 to your door.

13. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

ya its steel braided. only reason i was thinking aftermarket instead of OEM, is cause if im gonna spend the cash, i might as well spend it on something that is better. i sent a PM to trackstar. if that doesnt pan out, then i will try out some Vesrah RJL's.

thanks!!

14. mxracer95

mxracer95 Well-Known Member

Braking SM66 compound or OEM. OEM pads are actually VERY good. Thinking buying aftermarket will get you something better might leave you with disappointment.

15. SJC1000rr

SJC1000rr Well-Known Member

I tried the RJL's at first and they were great! A big improvement over the stock ones, but now I have found a new love the SRJLs on my 07. I will probably keep using them in the future for sure!

+2 to www.kurveygirl.com

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I will go against the grain. I didnt like the feel of the Vesrahs. Too much initial bite. Not progressive enough for me.

I like the Carbone Loraines better.

Have not tried the new EBCs though yet

17. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

try a bunch of different brands...they are all pretty good, but offer different characteristics, just like tires. This debate can go on all day, but if you dont try them all you wont figure out what works for you. Some have more initial bite...some are more progressive. You will be wearing out pads quickly so you will have plenty of opportunity to try them all.

I was surprised with the pads that actually work for me and give me the best feel. Not very popular among the BBS

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

if you try the EBC pads, get the newer Extreme Pro pads. Much better feel and last WAY longer than the older version.

The older ones bite hard initially (not as conducive to good trail braking) and work good new, but seem to "cycle" not so good. Even when there is material left, the braking power is diminished.. SO, be sure to get the newer Extreme pro. Way better than old ones.

19. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

trackstar. i got the pads today. thanks!! i will put them to use this friday on the track!!

20. Dr. GoFast

^ make sure you clean your rotors before you bed the new ones in.