1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake master cylinder. R6/GSXR

Discussion in 'Tech' started by John 791, Jan 21, 2018.

1. John 791

John 791 Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of guys running 08 to 14 r6 mastercylinders on there gsxr600's. Was thinking of putting one on my 2006 gsxr600. Any thoughts or recommendations? I'd like to put an RCS19 but I run superstock. Others are running the r6 one in my class.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Be aware that the R6 master cylinder has a smaller bore that is designed to work with R6 calipers that have 30mm/27mm pistons in them. The 06 GSXR has calipers with larger pistons in them (34mm/32mm I believe) so the feel at the lever is going to be different.

3. John 791

I was wondering about that. I knew the r6 where a little smaller

4. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Also running anything other then OEM would not be ss legal. So no yami stuff on the zook is legal. Before the torches come out I'll say people run non OEM in ss and few people know or care enough to complain.

5. John 791

I had heard people say it would be fine to run the rcs but it only takes one person then what can you say its not oem. Maybe I should just focus on getting better with what I have.

6. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Ehhhh.. RCS19 and 09 GSXR 1K calipers are the shit. Best setup I found for the 06-07 GSXR 600/750 shitty brakes. Also, send the rotors to True Disc LLC and have them cut with New Pads and you will have No fade and break pedal for days