1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake issues/ 08 r6/ going back fron T-drives to oem rotors

Discussion in 'General' started by masshole, Nov 14, 2015.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I'm trying to help a buddy convert his former race 08 r6 to street so he can sell it and buy a new bike for next year. The bike had a set of Brembo t-drive rotors on a set of fancy wheels, going back to oem rotors and wheels now.
    The new "street" set up is Brembo 19rsc master, Spiegler lines, Vesrah srjl pads with plenty of meet left on them and oem calipers and rotors.

Fresh bleed with rbf600 and great firm feel on the lever.
    The issue- roll the wheel forward or back a little ( one full rotation or even less) and the lever goes all the way soft to the bar and it takes a few pumps to get it firm again. Obviously something is not right.

Bled the brakes a couple of times (after I made fun of him for not having the skills to do it), same result.
    I don't think I've ever had this issue before.

Is it that the pads are not seated well (I think the Brembo rotors were 0.5 mm thicker that the stockers) or what is it?
    Other than throwing the bike away, any other suggestions? Thanks

2. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

"going back FROM t-drives to oem rotors" ... silly me

3. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Whats the runout on the stock rotors mounted to the stock wheels ?

masshole likes this.
  4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Bingo! The right/ brake side rotor is dancing around, visible when you look at how it tracks through the pads in the caliper.

GrayGhost, big thanks!

5. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Bent rotor

masshole likes this.
  6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

New rotors and all issues gone, thanks again guys!

7. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I have a similar issue with my 19RCS going soft, but the bike doesn't have to be rolling for it to do so. If I modulate the pressure on the lever at a complete stop, eventually I can work it all the way to the grip.

Fresh bleed doesn't seem to resolve anything and since I'm at a dead stop it can't be the rotors either can it?

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds like an internal bypass to me.

9. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

So the most likely fix would be getting the master rebuilt?