1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brainerd & Brands Hatch predictions

Discussion in 'General' started by racesbikes, Jul 25, 2001.

1. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Here we go again...chime in gang.

Brands: Hodgson and Edwards, Hislop could double with more motor.

Brainerd:

600's - Anthony Gobert
    750's - CU
    FX - Kipp
    250 - Oliver, yawn!
    Superbike - Mladin

If it rains, all bets are off and I change my picks to Gobert in both the 600 and Superbike.

2. reknelb

reknelb U must have Klingon blood

I like the "gobert in the rain" prediction.

3. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

FX-Hopper or Buckmaster
    600-Bostrom or Hacking
    Superbike-Mladin maybe Nicki
    750-Ciccoto if he's there or Ulrich.(I really hope I'm not jinxing CU by predicting this.)

It's hard to say just one. I always have to give two.

4. MikeM

MikeM Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Hacker&Hopper over Go-Show&Kurtis in the Tag team Steel cage match...!!!
    Sbk- Mladin

600- Tommy Hayden

750- Hopper

Form.X- Still pulling for Josh Hayes

Wild card- Hacker in Sbk & 600...

5. racesbikes

Laurie...CU might not make Brainerd, he is still in Ohio waiting while the AMA finishes his post race teardown from last weekend. [​IMG]

6. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Watch out for Duhamel at this track.

------------------
    97 GSXR 750
    87 EX500
    88 EX500

7. racesbikes

Since it is Minnesota and it is almost August I am going to hedge my bet even more. When the rain/snow comes on Sunday the three Canadians will move up a few places.

Miguel = on the podium, Gobert will still win.

Szoke and Pascal = one of the two will make top five. Later in the post race press conference they will repeatedly use the word "merde" in the presence of the AMA and subsequently save themselves one point and $5,000. The AMA will launch an investigation and when they find out they have "been had" they will fine Mat Mladin $10,000 and 20 points for having an opinion, a personality and to keep the series a little more interesting. The AMA press release will state that Mat was fined because he triple dog dared Kurtis to ram Hopkins just to stir up some "merde".

It could happen...or not!

8. Comet117

Comet117 Well-Known Member

600 = Gobert, THayden, DuHamel
    750 = CU

DogHouse = Cletus, Hacker & Gobert all three.

9. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Nevermind.

[This message has been edited by Laurie Acree (edited 07-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Laurie Acree (edited 07-26-2001).]

10. Racer X

Racer X Well-Known Member

Brands-SBK
    Race 1
    Hodgson. Edwards. Reynolds.
    Race 2
    Bayliss. Hodgson. Hislop.

Brands-SS

Whitham. Jorg T. Casoli

Brainerd-SBK
    N.Hayden. J.Hacking. M.Mladin.

Brainerd-SS
    M.Duhamel. Ant.Gobert. K.Roberts

These are my Podium picks, not necessarly
    in the order stated.

11. wera122

wera122 Guest

Do you have some inside info? According to RRW his engine has already been rebuilt and all indications are that he will be there.
    http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=1066

12. racesbikes

Just kidding...hence the smiley face. Like you couldn't see that teardown happening from a mile away.

13. Marc Gifford

Marc Gifford Well-Known Member

Have to say Hodgson and Bayliss across the pond. Mladin,E-boz and Nicky on SBK. E-boz on 600 with Gobert in tow if back in shape. That pesky Miguel has started to show signs of life again also.

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

Whew. You scared me there for a sec. You never know with the AMA so that's why I thought you might be seriously. Glad you were just joking.

15. racesbikes

I was joking, but probably not too far from the truth. If the AMA has an axe to grind with CU's father fine, but treat the kid like they treat everyone else. Let me ask you this...after what happened at Mid-Ohio last weekend with Kurtis Roberts and the talk of possible AMA disciplinary action against him, do you think his father's appearance at Brainerd this weekend is a coincidence?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, KRSR does show up to watch fairly often so it's not a huge surprise but it probably is not a total coincidence since there is rumoured to be some kind of announcement about it at Brainerd.

As for CU - the AMA tears all the classes down almost every weekend so I really doubt an axe issue in this case.

17. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

To the bare frame, Mongo?

To the crank?

Every weekend?

It's actually only some weekends.

Sometimes they just look at air filters!

But I'm getting better at predicting which weekends it is for big teardowns. I can usually tell about the time the checkered flag comes out! [​IMG]

18. racesbikes

I have no problem with the AMA rules as long as they are enforced equally, impartially and without prejudice for each participant.

I understand the necessity of the post-race inspection. I do not have the technical expertise that you do, so a situation like the Chouinard/Scotch-Brite incident does not make perfect sense to me other than the AMA was enforcing a rule to the "letter of the law". I am okay with that as long as there was not a double standard.

I watch the 600 Supersport class in disbelief thinking that those bikes have only been modified as per the rules, but I believe everyone is honest until proven otherwise, so until someone gets caught cheating they must be complying.

The KRSR comment was made partially with tongue in cheek. Of course we all know the real reason he is here in the U.S. is to talk to me about racing for him in Europe next year.

19. wera122

wera122 Guest

We're starting to figure that out aboot you. I guess we'll just have to stop taking you so seriously. I'm all for lightening things up around here as it's been all too serious lately. [​IMG]

20. racesbikes

Oh thanks, no one realizes I am joking until I mention racing for $$$$$$.

With all the talk of fisticuffs in the paddock going on, maybe I can land a job working as a racer bodyguard. I think I can take Jamie Whitham in a fair fight. It would give me a good excuse to follow Katja Poensgen around without violating the order of protection.

Maybe I will start an endurance team with Bob Probert...he rides bikes.

(All the people in the south have no idea who Bob Probert is...people in Michigan and Canada know exactly what I mean).

Okay, back to your regular programming!!!!