1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brady's suspension upheld

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm a Ravens Fan/Season ticket holder...so I don't like the Patriots....but I'll say this.

The Pats beat the Colts by a country mile that day in the AFC Title Game. A pound of air inflation in the football had nothing to do with the games outcome.

So I find it completely non-relevant that anyone made a stink about something so trivial.

3. Banditracer

It wasn't just about that game, it obviously had been going on for a while. Whether it made any difference or not it's still cheating.

4. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

If ya ain't cheatin' ya ain't tryin'

They all cheat. The Pats should have been punished more for spygate. This should have been a slap on the wrist and the only reason this is more is to make up for the previous cheating.

It's not over yet though as I though Brady planned to sue if it wasn't overturned

I bet this goes the way of those two Minnesota (or was it Green Bay) linemen that sued to overturn a PED suspension. I think that one just faded away because I was always waiting to see if that would help the Lions when they played them. Maybe I missed it, but I never saw them get suspended

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  5. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Regardless, the data collection surrounding the air pressure measurement as well as understanding of things like calibration and tolerance were all seriously lacking. Short of finding a guy with a needle in the ball, I don't understand how someone could think that suspension based on that evidence is a good idea.

I wouldn't give an employer my cell phone either. I probably wouldn't destroy it, but I don't have (assumed) pictures of Gisele to protect.

6. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Was it pics of the wife he was worried about or maybe the mistresses?

7. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Anyone stupid enough to keep anything important or incriminating on their cell phone deserves to get caught.

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Why is there a range in allowed air pressure? What if one qb wants the lowest legal air pressure, and the other qb wants the highest legal? Will the NFL give them what they want?

9. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Darren, There has to be a tolerance, especially when pressure varies due to things like temperature and humidity. The problem is, there seems to be nothing to account for that. The ref's checked everything based on attribute (i.e. pass/fail) at room temp, in some cases using multiple gauges. Remember our whole tire gauge accuracy discussion? Pump gauges that I have seen have been on the low end of accuracy.
    The teams supply and prepare their own balls, so yes the QB would get what he wants. It's not unreasonable to expect that the Patriots balls were at the low end of the pressure range at room temp. Then the game was played at below freezing temps. This is all if we are playing "more likely than not" like Wells. It should have been a non-issue, with greater control implemented the coming year if they wanted to change something.

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Reading anything related to that Superbowl just makes me disappointed and angry.

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Did you see what EA told Seattle about Lynch?:D

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Quit whining. Try being a Charger fan, then you'll have something to bitch about.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

His boyfriend

14. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

This.

Forrest Gump, Chauncy Gardener and Roger Goodell are proof that you don't need a brain to make it big in America!

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Are you guys okay with losing races to a guy with an illegal engine? It's been covered here that horsepower doesn't win races, so it won't make that much difference anyway. Who cares, right?

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Not apples to apples. Rodgers admitted that he asks his equipment guys to try to overinflate the balls. Exact same violation ... But his coach isn't an arrogant cock that people are looking to tarnish yet. Not a peep about it.

This is a trivial non-issue. 1lb under-inflated does nothing to change the play of the 10 other guys and Brady having to execute. This entire deal was nothing more than football politics, plain and simple. And for the record, I'm not a Pats fan. I hate the precedent this sets for football. "More probable than not you were at least marginally aware"? Suspended for 1/4 of your season. BS.

Who/what team is the next example to be made??

17. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Good thing there is no other cheating going in the NFL....... wouldn't want to tarnish the REP of the NFL

LOLOLOLOL I am sure the under inflated balls was why they won too.....

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Then why do it?

19. Banditracer

That's right. If there's no advantage why did the " brilliant coach and wonderboy qb " do it ? Not just Brady benefitted either, running backs have a easier time holding on to to the ball, hence the Patriots ridiculously low fumble rate since they got the rule changed.

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Brady released a statement about 30 minutes ago. This is gonna get interesting. Could see the whole thing overturned still.