1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boycotting French goods

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by MarkB, Mar 18, 2003.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

With all the boycotting of French goods going on, I have decided to take a stand and refrain from eating Brie and bread. Furthermore, I will not be washing down the brie and bread (that I am not having) with Merlot.

Just wondering though, how many of you Michelin shod racers will be switching brands from those treacherous French rubbers???;)

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was eyeballin' two Shark helmets. Back to Shoei or Suomy for this cowboy. :)

3. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I'm now a motard hater:D

4. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

MarkB...I'm with you brother on the boycott - right after I finish this damn bottle of evian water (I didn't realize it was french)!:mad:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't be - all Super Motard means is Super Bikers which was the name of the TV show (n ABC?) that started the whole thing. ALl the French did was keep running similar races while the rest of us waitied for better bikes to play on :)

So, just call it Super Bikers and you'll be fine.

6. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Rays on the River, restaurant in Atlanta emptied ALL their French wine into the Chatahoochie river earlier this week.

7. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

Thanks Mongo. ;)

8. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Thread Hijack
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Mongo -

Does WERA have a class for the motards? I remember reading this awhile back but couldn't find the thread. What will happen at tracks like Barber? Will we run a shortened circuit? Have you read the new AMA rules for their motard series? Interesting stuff...

9. MarkB

:D Yeah, I just about remember standing underneath the bridge, head turned up, with my mouth open. ;) ...blanked out shortly after....

10. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

so now all the carp are drunk & sporting berets?

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Superbikers it is! Thanks:)

[​IMG]

12. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

We were wondering why all the fish down here have been dying.

Thanks alot. :rolleyes:

13. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

No more pate' for me -- it now "Liberty Liver"!!:D

And who cares about France, boycott Saudi Arabia! No more Royalist Oil for me, just the 'merican stuff from now on!!:D

R.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes we do - it'll run just like any other class on the full course at every sportsman event.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Been meaning to ask Fred to try those new Pirelli tires...

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

i'm not THAT politically correct! shit, i drive a 270hp suv with full-time 4wd AND i make the tires howl..not just squeal, HOWL, i tell ya!:D well, maybe i'll try the pirellis on the jeep.:p

17. MarkB

Pirellis on a jeep? I'll hook you up with some nice Scorpions Zero's if you want:D We now make this size if you can get your head round it - 305/35ZR24 That is one large MF tire.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Need any testing?!? :D

The Super Swampers are nice but they are going to wear out sooner or later (probly sooner as sticky as they are). Of ocurse I'd prefer something in a 31/9.5/15 size... Dunno if I can get a 24" rim for the Jeep that ain't a little on the bling side of life.

19. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

What about these Mongo?

[​IMG]

20. MarkB

Yeah, we're totally Blinged out up here in Rome, GA. Sizes range from 22" to 24" - All of them low-profile SUV's. Nice tires, but kinda expensive at $788.03 list-price EACH !!! (can get you a 54% discount, but hey...:rolleyes: They're putting them on the limited edition 500hp Dodge trucks etc.
    Anyhoo...