1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought my kids a Daisy!

Discussion in 'General' started by Repeater, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Hey fellas,

Gonna take an epic camping trip. Took 3 weeks off of work to spend some time with my kids. I bought a hammock that so far sucks but on the way is a Daisy 880! Can't wait to teach them how to handle a gun safely and shoot some targets.

I might end up buying a 50cc dirt bike along my travels.

I am borrowing my dads truck and popup camper. I have two Honda 2200 to power it and no clear direction. I plan on starting of on the Verda river. I haven't booked a camping spot in Yellowstone yet but looking.

Metalhead and Steeltoe like this.
  2. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Sounds great..hope everything goes smoothly man.

3. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

WHAT?! No Red Ryder?!

Cannoli likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He doesn’t want them to shoot their eyes out, fool!

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

was always jealous of families that got to do fun things like that.

britx303 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Have fun...that 880 is no toy!

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Curious, age of the kids?

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

scottn and Sabre699 like this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I actually had one of my friends beak my glasses when we were shooting at each other at his farm. Both shooting Daisy's, maybe about 5th or 6th grade. True story. We did not tell our parents the truth...

11. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Get them a break barrel or PCP pellet rifle. I bought a .22 Benjamin prowler last year. WoW.. pellet guns have come a long way over the years. There definitely not a wimpy red rider lever action.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have been trying to remember what model Daisy I had when I was a kid. I know it was spring action, you loaded the BBs through a access hole at the muzzle end of the barrel and IIRC it had a plastic stock. I have no idea what happened to it. I always wanted one of the pump guns.

13. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

There are quite a few Forest Service campgrounds just north of the park on 212 that don’t require reservations. My favorite spot is on Beartooth Lake. It’s up there in elevation so it can get a little cold at night. Here is a shot from a few years back.
    4245E00E-489E-4B58-9D1C-45448CB537CE.jpeg

auminer and Phl218 like this.