1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought 3x 89' ZX-7 one of them was an AMA bike?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by mk1spyder, Jul 13, 2017.

1. mk1spyder

mk1spyder Well-Known Member

Some interesting notes.
    • The guy was apparently trying to take all the best parts from each bike and combine them into the black/red bike.
    • The rear shock appears to be slightly different on it
    • The header on the main bike is a nice 4-1 system by Supertrapp?
    • The AMA frame has a SS braided line on it
    • The complete engine that is in the crate looks to be in great shape, no exposure to the elements. The one that was taken apart......not so much
    • The one cluster still has the break in schedule sticker on it after 20k+ miles lol!
    • The brackets/swingarm/link on the main bike have been swiss cheesed by someone looks professional though like it came that way from the factory
    • The black/red fairings say ZX-7R which i'm fairly sure is not stock on the 89 bikes?
    • The carbs on the main bike are different
    • In the attached picture the AMA bike is actually the black/red one with the fox decal on it, for some reason the guy took all the good stuff off of it minus the forks which are coated with something and put that stuff on the polished frame.
    I combined the totes into 2x and packed everything else in the blackhawk turbine crate, not sure what to do with it all just yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

thats pretty awesome.

I contacted Muzzy when I bought my 95 ZX6R super sport bike to confirm it was built
    by them which it was...The cool thing was it was shipped to Australia and back for racing
    and had the tech sticker and import tags and all shipping receipts.

3. mk1spyder

He just mailed me the original keys and a Haynes manual for the 1st Gen zx7 hah

4. mk1spyder

Putting them up for sale, decided to put more effort into my new business so I won't have time for this project. $3500 takes everything well packed and ready to go, basically what i've got into it at this point.

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. mk1spyder

Price drop to $3000

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

If you're on FB, try posting in the AHRMA swap meet group. Neat project!

7. mk1spyder

Don't have FB, price drop to $2500 need the cash to move with other projects.

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Send me your number. My friend is interested

9. mk1spyder

10. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Sendi,g a PM. Where you located agai

11. mk1spyder

Charlotte NC price is negotiable need the space more than the money at this point

12. mk1spyder

I went ahead and got bonded titles for each frame to make it easier on the next folks

13. mk1spyder

Previous owners Usher paul williams Jr, George Louis Andujar, Earl Majors ring any bells?

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Oh man 3 at one time.......the wifes head would pop off:D GLWS!!!!

15. mk1spyder

Final price drop to $1950

16. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

Call Ian Harrison at Mistral Racing in the UK. He runs ZX7's in classic racing. 011 44 7 788 595 815

17. mk1spyder

If I had any idea how to call that number I would he can call me though hah!

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You just dial it as he typed it.

19. mk1spyder

Learn something new everyday, I tried it just says line busy, I'll try again later.

20. mk1spyder

I listed them on ebay with a no reserve auction starting at $900, I NEED THEM GONE out of my way need the space for bigger projects. Have a title in my name for the AMA frame.