1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought 3x 89' ZX-7 one of them was an AMA bike?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by mk1spyder, Jul 13, 2017.

1. mk1spyder

mk1spyder Well-Known Member

JKAZXDH11KA001852
    JKAZXDH13KA002307
    and
    JKAZXDH12KA003805 this one has AMA pro racing tech stickers on both sides of the frame and some old school stickers on the swingarm. The AMA pro racing stickers are red small rectangles one says 21 78 the other says 62 91. No idea if there is any way to track this back to what rider rode the bike but I would of course be very curious to find out. Any ideas?

I noticed it was special because it has flat slide carbs aluminum tank different rear shock etc.... I would imagine the engine is built too but who knows, the bike is mostly disassembled now but everything is there, it was going to be robbed for parts.........

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Cmon man - pics!

:D

3. mk1spyder

The middle one is the AMA bike, most of the parts you see missing are in a big ass crate dude was trying to combine 3 bikes into one.

Attached Files:

4. mk1spyder

Update the AMA bike was never registered until 2010 for 2 years then it dropped off the radar again

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Call Muzzy.

6. mk1spyder

I thought about that but it has an old school yoshimura USA sticker on the swing arm and a RK chain sticker.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd give em a call anyway. Muzzy wasn't always building all the equipment and could have gotten stuff from Yosh. Once I get back in town I'll call Vic Fasola and see if he worked on them in 89.

8. mk1spyder

Yeah so they don't have a phone listed on their site so I sent them an email.

9. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Muzzy is out of business.He is on the 80's road race page on fb.

10. mk1spyder

Ah, I don't have FB

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

He closed a few years ago. :(

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thought I heard that, probably ignored it hoping it wasn't true.

13. mk1spyder

Darn, well if anyone knows how to contact the guy I'd sure appreciate it. I seriously doubt it but do you think AMA might have a record of it?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll ask but it's doubtful.

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

More pictures please

16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Look through race results for those years and that bike. Bet you could narrow it down pretty quick

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Checked with AMA - no go on the tech sticker numbers sorry. Once I'm less brain dead I'll try and get in touch with Vic and see if he was working on them at the time. He remembers all sorts of weird stuff :D

18. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Not many guys ran those early on.Kevin Blais from Florida did,aside from obviously Muzzy.Maybe Ernie Kicklighter and another guy last name Muffly or Muffley.

19. mk1spyder

20. mk1spyder