1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boris is the next Prime Minister

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Jul 23, 2019.

1. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

I read it . What is your take on the situation? It says she has dual citizenship and she was teaching a class on journalism ?

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That's the problem, she wasn't. She was there visiting family, it was Boris who said she was teaching a class on journalism which gave the Iranians the go ahead to accuse her of spying. He had to retract his statement but it was too late by then. He has a habit of opening his mouth before engaging his brain, he's done it for years.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

From the article(s) I've read, Boris made that statement in 2017. She was arrested at the airport in 2016. If this is true, how is Boris at fault?

4. Robin172

Because it reinforced the Iranians case. There were negotiations taking place for her release at the time, once he said that it was game over.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wasn't Boris a fully committed Europhile as recently as about a year before the referendum who saw an opportunity when David Cameron had a brilliant idea to save his job as prime minister?

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. Robin172

Not sure about that but it would be pretty much par for the course for him.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I saw him say as much into a microphone and camera.

8. Robin172

I can well believe it, he has only ever been interested in one thing and that is himself.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I would expect the British economy to be taking a bit of a dive if they can't get some kind of deal put together for Brexit. It will probably hit the EU as well and possibly even send a bit of a ripple throughout the world economy. The Ireland / Northern Ireland border will be a mess or will become a black market smuggling path. Not sure how immigration, visitation or trade will work out. Britain needs to negotiate trade and immigration agreements not only with the EU, but with many other countries as well.

Even with a deal there will be issues. Just one example: London was becoming a financial tech center for the EU and some of that will likely have to move to some other part of the remaining EU, so good high tech jobs will be lost in London. Business will have to pay to move and possibly train a new workforce if the workforce can't come to the EU. Lets just say I would not want to be holding real estate investments in London right now.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think it might have been during a visit to Paris, answering a reporter's question.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

From what I've read that's a real stretch.
    You're dreaming if you think Iran would have let her go.

12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Good. That town sucks.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

So, the UK's Mexico? o_O

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You could be right but so far Brexit has been like Trump, every time a stat comes out they are 'surprised' and have to adjust up. More to come on Brexit but the biggest issue I see is their politicians might as well have dropped trow and mooned the voters. If they are not out of the EU soon they do not have a representative government anymore IMO.

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lmao. I just read the whole story. You put a CNN twist on the story. Sorry bro. But you are now fake news.

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yep..........the place is done for,and not just because of the gun control. They've really lost themselves as a country and culture altogether.Sad.Pathetic.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Color me skeptical, but I find it hard to believe the Iranian government is going to be on the up and up when it comes to detaining people, especially a woman, regardless as to what some assclown politician says.

brex and Quicktoy like this.
  18. Robin172

Please tell me what the real story is then.

19. Quicktoy

It’s how you’re trying to spin a story that in no way is like any story I just read when in fact it is more like what the others in this thread have said. All for what?

20. Quicktoy

Robin obviously believes the mullahs’ side of the story only lol. I’m sure they gave their side to their buddy Jeremy Corbyn (sp?)