1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*BOOM* Marc VDS Suzuki

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

reports are they just signed a 3 year deal with Suzuki.

Aspar Yamaha?

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Not much for rider changes so far, but the team/manufacturerer swapping is interesting.

3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Dang it, I was hoping Morbidelli was going to be up front next season, guess not......

MachineR1 likes this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

More Suzuki's fewer Honda's :clap:

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

two more Suzukis and most probably JL99 on the factory bike? roll on 2019 :D:clap:

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know, man. If I was a satellite team manager with a strong budget and couldn't get the previous years Ducati I'd be all over the Suzukis. You know you won't get the best Hondas and Yamaha will be just looking for your check and the Aprilia is not ever going to get you near the podium. Suzuki wants and needs you.

and if I was the manager for someone like Morbidelli and the factories and Pramac aren't calling, I'd be all over this ride like metalhead on a poison CD.

crashman, Phl218 and rafa like this.
  8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Zarco is doing pretty well with the Yamaha though. I guess we shall see. Either way I am happy VDS is moving away from Honda.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah he is but I'd say he would also being doing great on the Suzuki (if they hadn't f@cked that deal up).

I imagine Morbidelli will be sticking around but what about Luthi?

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

About damned time they got serious and had a a satellite team. I have to agree with Dave, I’d definitely give them extremely serious consideration if I were a satellite team. Suzuki desperately needs a satellite squad if they want to move to the next level, I don’t think they’d treat the satellites like red headed step children. More likely they’ll support them to the best of their ability, given it’s Suzuki that might be limited.

So does this mean they’re finally serious about their GP program?

Is this their first satellite team?

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

First satellite team ever.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I foresee some epic recalls.....

BigBird, I'm with Stupid and Robin172 like this.
  13. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

If this is true, Suzuki running two current spec bikes in a satellite team and chasing George? I think finally Suzuki is getting serious about MotoGp!

14. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

The articles say there will be three 2019 models available for the sat team. That suggests 1 rider with 2nd bike and spare parts.

15. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Either way it sounds like they are serious

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Reads like it will be two riders. If it is one bike each (long shot) or they just use the term of "two bikes" I really doubt VDS wants or Dorna (who is paying the lease rates anyways) would allow them to drop to a single rider.

How many years left on Rea's Kawasaki contract? :D

RRP likes this.
  17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

More curiously, where is mini Marc going to go next year now? Not sure if his results in Moto are as good as Marcs to catapult him straight to a factory Honda next year beside his brother, but he's already in the VDS garage..... This actually might put some pressure on Honda to sign him if they are interested, lest they lose him to Suzuki.

Anywho, I'm glad Suzuki is getting more bikes on the grid. This will be BIG for them.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well who is Duc eye'ing up is Lorenzo jumps ship to Suzuki? I can't imagine them really wanting to take Iannone back?

How much more bodily damage is Pedrobot willing to keep taking, I feel like he's close to retiring.

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

No, we don't want his whiney ass !!

20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Probably someone already on a satellite duc? Danilo or Miller come to mind.