1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booked a flight to Misano GP last night…. Tips?

Discussion in 'General' started by Vincent333, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Vincent333

Vincent333 Member

Just realizing I took a too potent weed gummy last night and instructed my gf to book a round trip Delta flight for me to Italy on Wednesday to see Vale’s last Italian race. $580 round trip. Guess I will see Valentino’s last race and hopefully the Ducati museum.

Any tips for places to see stay , do, and navigate @ Tavullia race weekend. Rimini ? Stay in Tavullia? My Ticket comes back in 13 days so I have plenty of time. Rolling solo. I’m flying into Milan.

RichB and ToofPic like this.
  2. Vincent333

Vincent333 Member

Also to motogp races sell out? Can I buy a ticket at the track ?

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Hope you checked Italy’s Covid visitor protocols first.

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And they say impulse purchasing doesn't exist......

5. Vincent333

Vincent333 Member

I can get in the country but it’s a little vague about using my US vaccine card to allow me entrance to the race

rd49 likes this.
  6. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

My Dad has been in Italy for the past week and he's had zero issues using his US vac card to get into museums, hotels and restaurants. I assume Misano won't be any different.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

You will be in the country that arguably has the best wine and food in the world, and of course the world's fastest superbike tires.
    So drive around and explore, eat pasta, drink vino rosso and have fun! Exploring Italy is always unbelievable!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think finding a race ticket is going to be your biggest issue. good luck!

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Limited tickets available, probably all sold out a week ago

10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Does that Pirelli tattoo go all the way to the Bone ?? :crackup::D

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Although I have nothing but somebody else's word to go off of, I heard they were only selling tickets to Italian citizens.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You have until midnite the next day to cancel and get a refund. I've done things like this too, most recently the Valencia final. After booking the ticket, I found that there was no way I was going to find a ticket to the race, so had to cancel.

14. You got a round trip international ticket for $580?

Are you sitting down in the cargo compartment?

KneeDragger_c69 and crashman like this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. You can almost guarantee that bargain + international flight = shitty seat

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I dunno.... this trip to Italy was less than $600 for me and I had the entire middle of the 777 to myself. Slept the whole way :)

RichB likes this.
  17. Vincent333

Vincent333 Member

Kinda impulsive but I need a break and being a person who likes to travel and seeing a hero retire makes it a bit less impulsive ..?
    I think mentally getting away will be good for me, hopefully I can buy someone’s extra ticket at the event? Had I booked airfare in advance I saw some prices at $275 a month ago for round trip! Thanks for the advice and encouragement you all. I think I’m going to go

Photo and motion like this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Have a great time in Italy. Hit me up with any questions... I was there a couple weeks ago and will be there again in a couple weeks. I am there frequently and know the area pretty darn well by now.

For finding a ticket, maybe try joining a Facebook Italy Moto group and start asking for a ticket.

19. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

20. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Milan is a fair piece from Misano, get a good rental car and be sure to budget time to drive down to Rimini. Milan is worth seeing, Last Supper, Duomo, all that, but a lot of the really old historic parts of town were “urban renewed”—flattened—in the Napoleonic era. While you are there, take a turn up to Monza, walk out on the old banking, it’s awesome. Take a day to go up to Lake Como, we stay in a little hotel high up on the hill in Cernobbio, beautiful. On the drive down to Rimini/Misano, stop off in Bologna, the old town inside the walls is special. You’ve already mentioned the Ducati museum. A bit farther south is Imola, not a pretty town at all but cool race track. High up the hill from Rimini is San Marino, another very pretty and historic place but $$. It’s just a short haul from Bologna to Florence, capital of the Renaissance and full of history, and perhaps more fun, Tuscany, the capital of great red wines and even greater food in little villages all over those beautiful hills. Back towards Rimini a bit is Gubbio, one of the Umbrian hill towns, which was occupied clear back in the Bronze Age, then Etruscan pre-Roman, and then Roman, Renaissance, etc. Pretty interesting place with little narrow streets from 600 years ago.

Lots of places to see. The problem you’ll have is cutting back to the do-able.