1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Oct 30, 2018.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

We saw it last night and thought it was a great rendition of their story.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I haven't seen the movie yet (intend to) but the discussion brings up a massive complaint. Why the hell can't I find a combined version of "We Will Rock You/We are the Champions"? The songs were meant to be played one right after the other. It's bad enough I have to pay for it twice, but the only way I can get it to play correctly is to go directly the the album in Itunes and turn off shuffle. If I leave it on shuffle it's all screwed up :(

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Saw it last night. Really good movie, if not very accurate history.

I got chills several times. Worth my $10 for sure.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Howard the duck was better than last Jedi

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

such an amazing movie, mr.robot did an amazing job playing him. such great music. goosebumps and tears

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Like SPL, didn't know much about their story or Freddie/Farrokh but it was a great movie. Rami Malek did a fantastic job of acting, and hope it portrayed the musician.

Looked up some stuff on about him, and he left most of his stuff to Mary, including his mansion and music royalties.

7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I read that too. It was sad that he got mixed up with the people he did. He's truly one of the greatest rock vocalists; not only could he belt out a rock song, but he could also actually sing (a talent not all rock "singers" possess). Plus, he was one of the all time greatest frontmen. It seems he truly gave the fans a real show, not just a concert, but something that they'll remember for years.

R.I.P. Freddie

BigBird likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

and interestingly enough, they said he was shy and more of an introvert when not on stage

sharkattack likes this.
  9. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I went and saw it over the weekend. It was great, and I'm not even a big Queen fan.

In one early scene a guy kisses Freddie Mercury and some dude in the cinema yelled, "Oh no!" I can't stop laughing at this idiot. It's a movie about Freddie Mercury. WTF did you think you were getting into?

10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I’m betting that that’s fairly common, or at the very least, not unheard of as far as lead singers go. While performing in front of a crowd of thousands, there’s not that intimate face to face interaction. I know a coworker who’s completely comfortable giving large presentations, yet freezes up when we’re in smaller groups.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait - so you want to play the album in its intended order but don't want to turn off shuffle? :crackup:

Seriously though, should be some music editing software out there that will allow you to make one big song from the two of them.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't have the whole album, just those two (sic) songs. Yeah, there's probably some software somewhere but what it is, and whether it's compatible with itunes, I don't know.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

With iTunes, you have the option of playing songs in a particular order if you like.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But not two random songs out of the whole library. What I want is true random shuffle, BUT, when "We Will Rock You" plays, "We are the Champions" should be the very next song.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You save it as an mp3 and it's compatible.

16. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

So my wife and I went to see the movie and both loved it. I've always been a Queen fan and at the movie, she realized there were a bunch of Queen songs she liked but didn't know they were the band who did them.

Tonight she and I went with MotoAmerica podium finisher and 2016 wera lightweight twin national champion Chris @ceebus Bays and his wife to see "the black jacket symphony". This iteration of the band/show was fronted by Marc Martel and they performed the entire "A Night at the Opera" and did another full set of various Queen hits. Definitely a show to catch if they are in your area!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    rk97 likes this.
  17. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Same here, 75 people and only one other guy laughed with me. Instant best friend across the theater. We enjoyed the movie.

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

My wife, I, and 15yo daughter immediately got it and LOL'd. I kept waiting for a Shrek or Fat Bastard reference.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Saw it on the plane this week. I really enjoyed it. You can tell a lot of the story was softened up, because Freddie was a hell of a lot more hardcore than anything depicted in the movie, but still, it was a good watch. The lead actor did a good job. I think Sasha Baron Cohen would have been excellent too, but he declined the part because he disagreed with the "softening up"...

20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Mike Myers was almost unrecognizable...

cha0s#242 likes this.