1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BODYWORK ?

Discussion in 'General' started by EXPERT35, Mar 23, 2000.

1. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

I purchaced my 2000 ZX-9 back in November.The bike is wired and ready but I have had no luck in finding body work.Sharkskinz and Air Tech say middle of April, but my first race is the first week of April at Summit Point.Any help?

2. TX racer

TX racer Well-Known Member

Try multi-tech, I have crashed a set of bodywork and they held up well. Their # is (512) 924-3747. They are also in RRW on pg. 61

3. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

Man If there is any way around it I wouldn't go with Multi-tech. I just bought a brand new set for an F3 and I wasn't very happy with what I got. The tail section was cracked in three places ( a result of poor packing) and it had several blemishes that showed up after painting. It is however much cheaper than Sharkskins so I guess you get what you pay for, I was just trying to save a little money. It took Multi-Tech over three weeks to get me a set of bodywork for a common bike and I'd say it would take them as long or longer (i.e. after the first week of April)to get stuff for such a new bike as yours. Guess I'm just spoiled by the quality of bodywork from people like Sharkskins but next time I buy I'll go the extra bucks and skip Multi-Tech.

4. midliferacer

midliferacer Brett

I recently order from Multi-Tech and they got it delivered a week ahead of the scheduled delivery date. Seem like good people. Low price. Hav'nt installed it on my TLR yet. Brett.

5. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

We had a similer experience with Multitech F3 bodywork. It was very thick in some places and see-thru thin in others. It also was very brittle and had cracks out of the box. The folks were very nice and even gave us good deals down the road on more bodywork after my teammate crashed, but I would run the stock bodywork before I would use the Mulitech stuff.

6. WERA 16

WERA 16 Guest

If it were me I would hold out for the Sharkskinz. I know it's April but it will save you the money of having to buy a new set if you go down. Multitech just won't hold up in those conditions.

7. fastiger

fastiger Well-Known Member

I haven't crashed it, but I just bought a set from Cheetah racing bodies. The quality of workmanship was excellent. Jim Hiscott in FL owns it and he offers sizable discounts on replacement stuff if you destroy it. A full set was half the price of what Sharkskinz' website advertised. He also guarantees it against other bodywork in regards to weight and durability.

8. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

And...Cheetah's windscreens are indestructable. They bend and flex, but resist breaking very well.

9. WERA 16

WERA 16 Guest

Does Cheetah make a double bubble like the Zero Gravity models???

10. SteveBell

SteveBell Well-Known Member

Call GP Composites man! Tom saved my ass this week when my other bodywork deal kinda went south. He sent me bodywork via Delta Air Cargo for $67 shipping cost and I got it within 24 hours. I gotta tell you this stuff is incredibly flexible and it's pre-drilled!! Cost for my R6 stuff was $750 w/o fender + shipping. I'm not sure if he's making stuff for your bike, but if he does, he can get it too you quick! Look in the new WERA mag. American Road and Racing to get his #.

Steve Bell

11. indiana roadracer

indiana roadracer BBS Lurker

Cost for my R6 stuff was $750 w/o fender + shipping.
    Wow thats alot of cash. Next day delivery would be great but $817 bucks. There are better deals out there. Most any company can next day ship if your willing to pay.

12. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that I e-mailed MULTI-TECH and they said nothing available at the time.I did not call CHEETAH but there ads. dont advertise for the ZX-9 however I will E-Mail them now.I plan on saving the stock body work for the future,I no how expensive stock body work is.Plus I would have to modify it for track use(oil catch pan).