1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blata

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by camp170, Feb 9, 2012.

1. camp170

camp170 Well-Known Member

Anybody have any experience with a pocket bike made by a company called blata?

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Blata's one of the better brands, but they all require TLC and upkeep or they fall apart.

3. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

4. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Ditto

Don't buy Chinese.

Polini's are good+

GRC's are A+

5. earacing

earacing Race Dad

We raced Blatas for years, the 2.6 and the 6.2. Won a championship with SCMiniGP and even won the Polini Cup on one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We removed the stock air filter, jetted them up, and ran them very hard. As a result they would vibrate themselves to death sometimes. Always had to have a spare pipe because they would crack, and the carbs were prone to cracking where they clamped onto the intake manifold if you over-tightened them.

6. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Yes...

look at my avatar...

That's an Origami that we were having to "show some love" to.

the 2.5 was fun too

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We started on a Blata 2.5, too. Blata is a better brand, but below Polini's, GRC's, and some other higher end brands. They had a Blata cup out here. You were contantly tinkering and I was glad to move up to a NSR. However, the RS125 Honda required much more work than a Blata.

8. TSMMR MINIGP 47

TSMMR MINIGP 47 MINI RACER

9. racertex

racertex vintage dude

If you want to talk Blata or Polini give Frank Giannini a call:

http://www.gianniniracing.com/r-3.html

[email protected]

Frank worked at Cosmo for years when they were importing Blata, Polini, GRC, etc....before he left and started getting involved in making top flight engine mods and developing those bikes to their full potential. Here is a link to his sick 4stroke pocket bike:

http://www.gianniniracing.com/r-3.html

Cheers, Tex

10. TSMMR MINIGP 47

TSMMR MINIGP 47 MINI RACER

Yes,he's great..Hung out with him many times at Raceway Park NJ and Sandy Hook Speedway..
    I've actually raced Fernando on that 4stroke pocket bike..It goes very well..

Franks located near me,I've just never been to his shop..

11. the "TRAIN" Rech

the "TRAIN" Rech Well-Known Member

12. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

it was all your fault .
    you still alive ???????????????????? lol

13. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

had a Polini 6.2 several years ago.what a beast.it had to be ridden with care or it would wheelie out from under you at most any throttle setting.
    it scared the bejeezus out of a lot of my "big"bike friends.

14. the "TRAIN" Rech

I'm alive. Been a crazy year. New job had me really busy. When you coming down here with that half drank bottle of Jack in your cupboards?

15. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I will be ther in May for training . Do you want me to bring the fzr400 ? lol

16. the "TRAIN" Rech

Ayou going to be here for a few days? We need to catch up.