1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackhawks Fans, I have a question.

Discussion in 'General' started by 90kacoupe, Oct 30, 2019.

1. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I am traveling to Chicago for an industry convention (FABTECH) and I am considering trying to fly up and go to the Hawks game on Sunday evening. I'm not a big hawks guy but I would love to see a game there. I don't want to spend a bunch on tickets. I have a co-worker that would probably like to go, he has never been to a hockey game ever. I looked at tickets and I can get individual seats for $35 and sit split up, but two tickets together are pretty pricey. Then I noticed the standing room only tickets for $45. Does it make more sense to buy the split up $35 tickets so that we at least have seats and if we want to stand together at the top we can? I'm just not sure how that works. Or is it likely that if we buy split up $35 seats that we will get to sit together due to empty seats.

BTW... Lehner stood on his head last night against the Preds last night. I felt bad for him. He played great!

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Jeebus man, just go and drink beer and enjoy.

rd400racer likes this.
  3. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Yeah buy the split up tix you will find once the game starts find 2 seat together. Just sit there and be done with it. Security on the 300 level is lax and you can sit anywhere pretty much if the seat are unoccupied.

90kacoupe likes this.
  4. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Also make sure you are in your seats or at least can see the ice for the National anthem. You will thank me later.

90kacoupe likes this.
  5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is it wrong that I read that title as Blackhawk Farms?

5axis, gpz11, Senna and 2 others like this.
  6. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I did too at first. :D

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Considering they're 6th out of 7 in their conference right now you probably won't have a problem finding a good ticket. Goofy as it sounds, I've had good luck with tickets off Craigslist if you want a better seat.

8. Sabre699

That big guy who sings the anthem is awesome !!

G2G likes this.
  9. G2G

G2G I feel the need

10. 90kacoupe

I had another friend tell me that a game against the Leafs will likely sell out. I kinda figured that there would be seats considering their record lately.

11. rd400racer

I didn't say they weren't selling tickets, just that they aren't having a stellar start to their season. Hell, I like the Blackhawks:beer:

Oh, and I checked...there are buckets full of tickets on Craigslist. Then again I'm kind of spoiled having a front center seat to any game in the NHL...or NFL...or MLB etc etc:D

G2G likes this.
  12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

G2G and rd400racer like this.
  13. Sabre699

As Metalhead would say...KISS IT !!! :crackup:

14. rd400racer

Nope, I kiss the wife...she's my hook-up:D

Sabre699 likes this.
  15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Park at the Billy Goat on Madison down the street. Parking is free. Have a couple beers and a burger then walk down.

If you want to see some good hockey earlier in the day before the Hawks play there's an Elite level game at Johnny's Ice House East at 2:40. There's a bar in the corner of the rink.

Have fun. Keep me in the loop maybe I'll meet you down there if I don't have a game that day.

90kacoupe likes this.
  16. 90kacoupe

I wish I could bring my gear and make a pickup game! I'll let you know what the plan end up being.

17. grasshopper

If you're only in town Sun - Tue as of now I don't know of any pick up games. We usually skate Wednesday nights in Crestwood at 9:40. Fast skate which is invite only but I could probably get you in for an ass whoopin. :)

18. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

The standing room only seats at the old Chicago stadium were pretty good.
    You could stand at center ice drinking beer and eating pizza closer than the front row of the upper deck at the new stadium

19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Buy the cheap seats split up and you’ll be able to find a place to sit together somewhere I guarantee it.

20. grasshopper

Gawd damn it they SUCK. It's like they are skating around with sand bags strapped to their ankles

G2G likes this.