1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike of the Day..1986 Honda VFR750

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by boccarp, Feb 20, 2018.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

In 1986, Honda introduced a totally redesigned VF Interceptor, giving it the new name VFR Interceptor. The only thing carried over from the original was the 90 degree V4 concept with identical bore and stroke. Everything else was new. Okay, maybe except for the turnsignals).

The history of this model is complicated by the fact that the USA had imposed a stiff tariff on bikes over 700cc in order to protect Harley Davidson. This gave rise to a greater discrepancy in the availability of different models for different markets than was usually the case.

I don't have any information about the European market, but I can summarize the Canadian and American VFR picture. It is simplest in Canada. They got a 750cc VFR Interceptor for 1986, and that is all. It was discontinued in 1987 as Honda trimmed its line down to a paltry 6 or 7 street bikes, after a high of about 50 in 1980 or 1981. The VFR 750 Interceptor lasted just this one year, yielding to the Hurricanes in 1987.

This Interceptor was the only imported in 1986 as a 750cc model. It is in great condition with a full Vance & Hines exhaust. It has been in my collection for the last 10 years. This would be a nice bookend to a V-4 collection. Its also a wicked nice bike to ride, just easy on everything. It was drained properly and has been sitting on a shelf in the museum for the last 7 years. It will need a full servicing before being returned to street duty. It has around 23,000 miles on it.

Engine: V4 750cc
    Chassis: beam frame aluminum
    Electronics: HONDA
    Special Modifications: Stock Honda in nice condition
    Price (USD): 6,000
    Mileage: 23000
    Stock # 17
    Type: Street

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Sorry but it looks like a yosh can on there! Not a vance and hines!

trussdude and ToofPic like this.
  3. John Branch

John Branch 90125

What kind of standup jet ski is that?

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If this was only 15 years ago when I was in my "accumulation" mode......Nice bike, GLWS

5. boccarp

yea...I'm in de-accumulation mode right now. I really want to be able to reach the bathroom in my garage!

6. Zach Jansen

Zach Jansen Well-Known Member

Love the seat cowl. Hate the high mileage. GLW s

7. boccarp

20k on a honda...nothing. 20k on a kawasaki/suzuki/yamaha.....bone yard!

8. boccarp

sold...thanks

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

How much for that Superjet?