1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Buck Trailers

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffr1ey, Apr 8, 2014.

1. chas

chas Well-Known Member

Anyone have any input on Interstate/TrailersPlus trailers? In particular their 8.5x16 (or possible 20) enclosed cargo trailer? Their website covers the construction of the frame/wiring/wheels but doesn't provide much detail on their axles. I am assuming they are standard 3500lb axles (giving a total 7000lb GVWR for a tandem axle).

Haven't been able to find much in the way of good/bad reviews (outside their own information). This would be for four motorcycles (two sport bikes and two adventure/dual sports) plus tools, gear and some other stuff.

Don't have much experience with cargo trailer, except for friends who owned them prior to every flyby night company making them. So know of Haulmark, Pace, Wells Cargo, etc..

I like the idea of Interstate using the rounded corners on the roof. Gives it a cleaner look in my mind. That and I would expect it would require less care and maintenance then the squared edged ones that are all over the market today (that squared edge just has leaks written all over it to me).

2. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I was told rounded leaks more. Could be salesman bs though.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

we have a 15yr old wells cargo 8x18 that rotted out the rear ramp stringer. It has a similar roof to Interstate. Looks like utter shit and since the trailer was chopped up for scrap... those fiberglass rounded edges leaked around the running lights. On the same token we also have some regional brand trailer with a flat roof & barn doors... the roof is the same metal that comes on semi trailers. The side paneling has been repaired upteen times from tears & dents but the roof is original and has never leaked.

Looking at the structural page on Interstates website doesnt look like anything special except the round roof makes it look 10yrs old...even brand new. Im not sure how much care & maintenance you're going to be doing to a $4-5k trailer... but judging from all the mower jockeys around here doesnt look like they need much of anything.