1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bicycle shop owner?

Discussion in 'General' started by metricdevilmoto, Oct 30, 2017.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Wasn't there a bicycle shop owner on here? The local shop I deal with doesn't speak Specialized and I'm in need of a few parts. Also need some Shimano stuff, and if I have to deal with a shop that's not my local, I'd rather support someone in the community. Thanks.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

You might be thinking of Gary. Cant for the life of me remeber his beeb name. Glad I could help tho. Lol

Phl218 likes this.
  3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

watcha gonna buy?

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

GDawg? Something like that. Wait. G Dawg.

5. metricdevilmoto

@G Dawg ?

6. metricdevilmoto

@tecknojoe connected the dots to his brother, who has a shop. I have some Specialized questions and I need some Specialized parts and some Shimano bits. Trying to send money in motorcycle circles if I can't support local.

BigBird and pscook like this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Yep -- He's posted that he runs a bike shop.

8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the bits are the best part. i was curious about specifics hehe.

the gf is in the market for a new bike and shes almost settled on the '18 Ruby. i love bike shopping w/ her.

9. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Something tells me not many of you are riding bmx? Got Rays MTB close by and got back into it in my late 20s. Tore my shoulder up real bad a few years ago but it's literally 15mins away so I can' resist. For those that don't know (which I'm sure is most)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
    TurboBlew likes this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive wanted to visit Rays for awhile. Then a couple years ago I just happened to meet the guy down at Santos. He told us he had sold the shop and was helping the MTB club in Ocala construct new obstacles on the trails.
    Thats his thing... he loves sketching/building unique features. (and he hates the cold!) :D

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I sell Shimano, but not Specialized. I'm in a beach town and the majority of my business is beach bikes.
    Very little road, some hybrid . I might be able to get what you need, but shipping costs might make it easier to deal with a local shop.

12. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

:beer:
    For others interested, pm me and I'll get you connected with him. He's a rider and supports my racing. Since bicycles and racers naturally go together we help a lot of people get what they need for training. He sells used and new specialized, pivot, santa cruz, and can get whatever nice parts you need. I get nothing from it, I just like to see people get nice stuff to ride.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    G Dawg likes this.
  13. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Sounds like your not up to speed here. Ray bought the place back from Trek although they still have their hands in it in some way. But the real nasty update is Ray was in a bad crash about a month ago. Paralyzed from the chest down last I heard. Sucks because he was a cool dude. Well still is but got dealt a bad hand.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Sorry to read. :( (and thanks for updating me) He is a very genuine fella for sure!

15. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day