1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware of Rick Merhar, ebay seller Accu-Rick.

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Dragginass, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm sure he'll eventually read this and come try to make excuses and badmouth me, but here is what happened.

On 12/28/06 I bought a RS125 starter tool from Rick off ebay, and I paid within a day via paypal. After about 2 weeks I began sending mesages to Rick via Ebay inquiring into the status of the tool. I received no response initially, and sent another. This goes on for about another 2 weeks with no reply, so I start sending e-mails. I also posted a message on USGPRU asking if anyone knew him as I couldn't get in touch with him and thought I had been taken. They confirmed his identity and stated to just give him some time. I don't recall the exact number of e-mails sent, but the FIRST REPLY that I ever received from Rick was on 2/5/07. He promised that it would ship "the next day", and that he would provide a tracking number. Another few days passed with no tracking number, so I called. Got someone on the phone who states that the order would go out "the next day" and that I would receive a tracking number. This again did not happen, so I called again. I was told again that it would go out the next day. Again no tracking number, so I sent Rick another e-mail. I finally got a reply stating it would be to me on Friday 2/10. It finally arrived, but thats not the end of it. He is now trying to badmouth me to everyone he can so that they won't sell me 125 parts. Funny, he's the only person I've ever had a problem with.

Rick sold a part on ebay that he did not have in his possession, he ignored me for weeks, and was never once apologetic. I left him NEUTRAL feedback, and I felt that was being nice, but he got pissed. He stated that I didn't e-mail him like a "real racer" initially and he said he didn't feel the need to reply to my ebay messages.

I don't know him from anyone, or how he "normally" does business. My experience with him was crappy however. Just a heads up for anyone who was thinking about purchasing from him. My personal choice from now on will be to take my money elsewhere.

-Shane

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I never had an issue with Rick.

Always got good service.

3. svrgp

svrgp Member

I hate to say but the gp community in small. There is not a lot of people to get parts from. Making a public out cry will just dig you deeper in the hole. If you can't get parts you might think of getting a new bike. Good Luck!

4. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

No issues either

Dont know what your beef was:mad: , but Ricks always been straight up:) .

5. 418

418 Expert #59

What happed to your thread on USGPRU forum?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  6. Dragginass

Stewart said a mod deleted it, but he is going to try to put it back up, b/c he understands my point.

The GP community is small, but does that mean I didn't have a right to be concerned when someone took MY MONEY, then ignored me for 4 weeks? Thats such crap! I never said the guy was bad or anything, just that I got crappy service. There are a lot of shitty retailers that have customers who are happy. It's when things get bad(in his case, getting behind on his work) that makes you who you are. All he had to do was be up front with me. Instead, he ignored me, made bad promises, and then acted like everything was fine. Not cool! I'm not saying the guy is a thief, only that I got CRAP for customer service. I shouldn't have to protect him just because the GP community is small.

7. svrgp

svrgp Member

If that is the case, the Better Business Bureau. That were your complaint should go. I hate bad customer service myself. If its bad I just don't use them. The other thing is Ebay Sucks. Everything I have sold on ebay has been a pain in the ass. If he is the only one that makes the starter tool your kind of in the mercy of them. That sucks too, but it happens.

8. Dragginass

This is the age of the internet and the motorcycling community is very much online. We all talk about different experiences. Going to the BBB for customer service is like farting in the wind. Yes, there was a point when I thought I was stolen from, which is why I inquired on the USGPRU board. As things progressed through the transaction I posted them on that site. There was nothing malicious, I was posting updates. It was just crappy customer service. I'm not wrong for posting it to inform others to beware. We are all adults and can make our own judgements. I'll be damned if I hide the truth about a transaction to appease ANYONE.

Shane

9. sreavis

sreavis Well-Known Member

dealing with Rick

I've made multiple purchases with Rick on ebay and directly by emailing TZ part needs. He has ALWAYS responded quickly, been very helpfull and willing to spend time helping me sort out my motor. He's been in business quite a while and yours is the first post of a negative that I've observed. Despite your difficulties, posting up on someone with a good reputation will only bring you more difficulties. Sometimes it's better to let things lie. Just my 2 cents

scott in NC

10. bax504

bax504 Well-Known Member

Rick has always done me right. Yes this is a small community. Everbody has issues with other people. No need to bring others into it. Settle it with Rick. I don't need to hear your bitching. If I want to hear bitching, I will talk to my wife.:up:

11. The Undertaker

The Undertaker Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with Rick.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Sorry to hear somebody held a gun to your head and made you read this thread. I for one appriciate the heads up on business people that don't follow through on their promises.

Everybody makes mistakes, a good business will do their best to fix them. Not ignore them.

13. bax504

bax504 Well-Known Member

If you have read the thread on USGPRU, you could have seen Rick's reply. I don't think that either one of the 2 parties involve are completely innocent. But not only has this blasted Rick, he also awhile back was blasting Frank from Infinity. I have dealt with both Frank and Rick and will do so again. Don't just judge someone based on someone's 1 post. You have to talk to alot of people. :beer:

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No one held a gun to my head, but I had to read it.

I'm waiting on the next bit of wit. :rolleyes:

15. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm fresh out for right now.

No, wait...

Wait...

Little longer...

Nah, I've got nothing. :D

16. Dragginass

If everyone else has had great experiences with Rick, thats great. I didn't. I didn't know Rick from anyone else. All I knew is he had my money for WEEKS without so much as a reply. Yes, I did finally receive the goods and I let everyone know. I'm not wrong for stating what happened. I sent him e-mails via ebay, regular e-mail, and placed telephone calls. I got ignored, and I am in NO WAY at fault for that! It was an ebay purchase. I paid immediately, I did my part. I can't really see what I could/shoudl have done differently.

As for those of you who say this is the first bad experience that they have heard about with Rick....I'll say this. From both this thread, and the one on USGPRU I received a host of messages of similar stories, which people apparently didn't wish to post publicly. That, and several others DID post publicly on the USGPRU that the delays were the norm.

Whatever the case, I had an experience, and I posted it. Not a damn thing wrong with that.

17. infinityreplica

Theres an old expression...something like "when in Rome"?

If your in Rome, do like the Romans.....if your in your own country....do as you like, no one will complain......
    Ricks one of the Roman's...(old timers)..if you had been around this little community a little longer you would know that....

In short, lighten up, ANYONE (including even you) can get behind, get overwhelmed,drop a ball etc..

Try meditating when you get so stressed.....or up your meds, whatever works for you...

Peace my brotha!

18. infinityreplica

Besides, lets look at the facts...

THIS ISNT EBAY... this is the WERA discussion board for 2 strokes,

Why do we all have to Listen to a complaint about an EBAY transaction?

Please post it over there where it happened.

Thank you for your co-operation.

GOD

19. ecumike

ecumike Relocated Yankee

And that is why I moved the thread on the USGPRU forum. No need to air out personal problems. It started out just fine, but then it turned kinda nasty. You started with this:

"anyone bought anything from him? I bought a starter tool from him weeks ago and haven't received it, and am not getting a reply to my messages. Starting to get worried, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with him."

You got 6 reassuring replies, 1 or 2 'no comments'. You could have just stopped there, your question was answered. But then you decided to continue to give us your ongoing status on your auction and your personal problem, which was NOT going to get solved on the forum... so I moved it.

20. Dragginass

Well apparently Stewart didn't necessarily agree with that, but its your choice, and I'm not going to bitch about that.

Frank, I agree 100% about the getting behind part. Up until the very end when Rick posted, thats all I was saying on USGPRU. Anyone can get behind, and "stuff" happens. I'm very understanding, especially when it comes to things that are actually worth waiting for. The problem is Rick ignored me, rather than updating me. So me being "new", I thought I Was taken. And when I finally did get a response it was unapologetic, and I was blamed for apparently attempting contact in the wrong way? It didn't even make sense. As for this being an "ebay" transaction....as you said yourself, the 2-stroke community is small. So regardless of how it happened, it happened.

Regardless, I'm glad I didn't get ripped off. Apparently though there are plenty of people who have had bad experiences with him, and won't say it outloud as to not stir the pot. Seems quite a few people have a "story" about Rick.

And Mike, even after I posted the thread on USGPRU, I didn't get a response from Rick for weeks, so THAT is why I posted updates, because the problem was ongoing. I'm glad the 2-stroke community is so tight-knit, but come on. I got shit on by one of our own and nobody has the balls to admit it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.