1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware Motosport.com

Discussion in 'General' started by t500racer, Oct 10, 2019.

1. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Normally would not make a post like this, but people should be advised. There are major issues with the new billing software at Motosport. My credit card has been hit to the tune of unauthorized hundreds of dollars, repeatedly. Money that was supposed to be refunded nearly two weeks ago has not. Reps tell me I am one of many that this is happening to.

There are many other details I am happy to discuss via pm. Not attempting to slag a company, but warn others that things are seriously amiss right now at Motosport. Think twice before giving them your credit card number.

Kris Larrivee

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

In on page 1!!!! Sorry for the issue in all seriousness, that sucks

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Cc refunds take a day. Any excuse for taking longer is bs

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'd dispute the charges with your cc company

5. t500racer

That's the plan. Bank has no record of a refund attempt. Phone call today reveals I was issued "store credit" despite an email saying my credit card was refunded. Supposedly I will see the refund now by Monday.

Fine, I could live with all that, but at 5pm today they hit my card for hundreds, unauthorized, without me having made an order. Lost my shit a little, needless to say.

6. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Is it possible that it’s not motosport.com and that someone hacked their system?

I’ve bought from them in the past with good results.

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with them. Call your bank or CC company. My bank will reverse charges on any unauthorized card activity in a day if I call them. Most likely hackers. Sucks but it happens.

8. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I dont think he is bashing them... he is just saying beware something is going on there that isnt right. They may not be doing it. But someone is... so before you spend money there ask the question.

rcarson15 likes this.
  9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like they got the bugs worked out before they went live with the new software. Sorry you got bit. I'm sure it'll eventually be sorted out.

Big T likes this.
  10. t500racer

No. The customer service reps have admitted as much. They were bought by another company recently and switched to new software. One of them is quoted as saying, "this keeps happening to our customers because of the new system, but no one is listening."

11. t500racer

That's exactly what I am saying. I'm a one bank account, one card kind of broke racer person, when they hit me like this for hundreds of dollars at a stretch, it really fucking hurts.

12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

ima go ride my dirt bike...
    :)

worst deal i had lately was $1240 laptop from best buy. screen went bad , they agreed to warranty just had to ship to their service center, who weeks later said "can't be fixed". Had to wait for service center to call best buy, or some such nonsense. of course, i had bought another laptop in meantime, which had gone up $100 since i bought first one.

Took a dozen calls to best buy, who kept giving me run around and "should be authorized in few days" even after doing some 15 minute on-line return questionaire. Said "Fuk it" , disputed with my business cc company, 2 weeks later, they issue refund.. but during that time BB did send my check (for the original amount, not the $100 extra) and i agreed to have cc pay bb back.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    track wagon likes this.
  13. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I wish that I would have check the beeb before I placed an order with them no less than 15 minutes ago...

14. t500racer

No refunds as of the bank update this morning. Banks closed Monday. Trying to remain calm...

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I just checked to make sure my CC info isn't saved on my account. Thanks for the heads up

16. t500racer

I was told by a rep from there that if you ever gave your CC# over the phone to them, they automatically save it.

That's how I got screwed, they sent me a mislabelled part(their mistake), I called, told them, reordered the correct part right over the phone, gave him my number and boom, fucked. Never once did I save the card, or authorize them to do so.

Also, their site does not have an option for the account holder to delete that information once saved. Only Motosport can do it. Brilliant, huh?

17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Never.
    Use.
    Debit.
    Cards.