1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best SuperMoto Bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by JTW, Jan 12, 2015.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Pffft.........rt100 / thread:p

2. G2G

G2G I feel the need

KTM 500 EXC or Husky 501. Buy some sumo wheels and front brakes and you have the best street 450 based sumo. Once you get into the 690/701/ ducati hyper they are to big and heavy.

3. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I have a carb one (WR400) that's 20 years old I'd sell, starts first kick : )
    I recently picked up a used '12 YZ450F and added my own mods, can't wait to take it out but the snow is still here....

IMG_0811.jpg IMG_0813.jpg

PPPope likes this.
  4. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I have a 15 YZ450 the thing is retarded fast.

5. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I'm under the (misguided?) impression that GA won't allow 450 mx bikes to get plated. Anyone know for sure?

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Older ones that the title did not say “off road only” can get tagged.

tiggen likes this.
  7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

@tiggen
    My big thought about using a sumo for commuting downtown. Is one of the hood rats is going to want it a lot more than you do.

8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I have 2 XR650R's that I tagged in Georgia with an "off road only" MSO/title. One is a dual sport that I first titled in Colorado then transferred the title to GA. The second is a motard that I titled in Tennessee and transferred to GA.

The Motard could be for sale . . . . .

I built the bike to race Pikes Peak in 2009. Chris Jones finished 7th or 8th in his first year there.

[​IMG]

17" rims on Rad hubs, cush drive rear hub, suspension lowered and set up for road race/motard, stock, uncorked engine, TM40 carb, super rare Moriwaki Zero header, pipe and can, a bunch of gearing, black motard bodywork, and XR650R spares +++. I road raced it in AHRMA off and on for several years, but the KTM 690's leave it for dead, so I use it exclusively on the street. It is a one kick start bike that is HUGE fun around town and on easy dirt/gravel roads. All the torque and grunt in the world with Honda anvil-like reliability.

Let me know if you're interested - I'm an hour NW of ATL.

Cheers,

Dave

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Do the DRZ, either an SM already done or the S and put rims on it. I ran one around Canton and trips down to the Vortex and such for years, it's exactly what you want.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

location and price? PM please.

tks
    M

11. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I built and titled an older steel frame WR 450 for the street a few years ago. It was really fun, but a great way to lose your license. I never did get it to handle like i wanted, but wheelies, stoppies and all kind of other rude shit was just too much to resist.

12. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm on the same boat but in Nicaragua, thinking of shipping a Suzuki drz 400, but there are ktm dealerships here, but never buy a motorcycle new

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You coming to Los Angeles anytime soon? Come by and I'll take it off your hands. :)

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Shit brah doing rude shit is why they make the WR!

15. tiggen

So the brakes on the WR are sh!t. Braided lines and better pads or am I gonna need a different caliper/MC?

I assume that a bigger rotor allows for more area for more/bigger pistons to grab and more/bigger pistons need a larger MC. Is that correct?

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

tiggen likes this.
  17. tiggen

18. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Guessing Neoprene?

19. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I am thinking it could be hydraulic hose.

Steel inner core for protection and and vynil type outer sheath

tiggen likes this.
  20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

PEX water pipe.