1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Oscillating tool/kit recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, May 28, 2020.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

More for fun used around the house for projects not professionally. Cordless, a must. Ready? Set? Go!

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

You’re gonna have to put up some more pics to buy the answers.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Whatever it is, it better have a diesel motor...

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I have the corded versions of the dremel rotary and oscillating tools, both work great.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I bought a 20V Dewalt oscillating tool a few weeks ago and used it on a flooring project. What else do these things do?

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I have Milwaukee, works great.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Toothbrush
    Concrete compactor
    Intimate massager
    And it’s the perfect cure for your ears not bleeding from excessive noise

motion likes this.
  8. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Yall suck

Should I have the wife buy me a 50 dollar disposable with a 25 dollar kit, or spend 200 on a better. Need answers, normally if I want shit I buy it, and I Killed mothers day.

9. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Milwaulkee is a bit of a stretch, not pro, Dewalt got kits sub 250?

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

There is only one. All of the rest are just imitators. Get a Fein.

britx303 and yokohama1 like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why not corded?

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Lowes has a Craftsman for $80.00.

13. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I have a Porter Cable 18v. Lots of attachments and it does the job for this homeowner. If you already have cordless tools...just stick with that so you have extra batteries and such. I really don't think there is much between them brand wise IMO.

14. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

For a stand alone corded model, Fein all the way. For me, all my stuff is Makita cordless now.
    Used to have four different makes of cordless tools, each with their own batteries and chargers.....sold all those and bought one brand.
    So buy whichever one works with the batteries you have now.

15. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I have a corded Makita. Great tool.

16. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

For your needs, I will still go with Makita 18 V. It’s a tool that will handle your needs and last a long time....
    Stay away from Ryobi and the Rigid product line that Home Depot sells...
    Fein is a great tool company if you are a professional working with tools daily in the field, but too expensive for what you need to have in your toolbox...

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What’s the matter with Ryobi? For this homeowner, it covers most of my needs.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. joec

joec brace yourself

Maybe in 1998. It's all about festool now ya geezer..;-) :)

I always wondered what happened to them. They did make a nice router.. But holy shit I guess festool just got into every paint store hobby shop and hardware store in town and crushed them. So hard to explain to the idiots who came along in the biz in the last 10 years how much festool sucks. Especially if you need to send it back for repair. A friend of mine had one of those saws and had to send it back. After 2 months he bought another one. He couldn't wait and he basically built his shop around the festool model of " Why have a table saw when you can have this?" And I'm not a fan of Velcro sanding disks.

Dan Dubeau and rd400racer like this.
  19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My wife has one...I think they call it a Rabbit...

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I sell a ton of them. The dewalt is nice for its size. The ridgid is nice for the replaceable full heads vs just the dewalt tips.