1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best of the West 2018!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks gorgeous so far. For once I may regret being stuck in the tower at Willow :D

track wagon likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Have fun. Sub 30s is a great goal. When Ty ran those times he was 15.and probably onky weighed 125.

3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Last year Bradley champion did 28's so I want to get as close to that as I can. My bike has changed alot over the last couple month so I am using the track day Friday to dial it in see what I can do.

4. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Looks to be a little windy on Saturday hopefully it's not to crazy!!

5. Boman Forklift

Hopefully you have more horsepower for your size, Ty was on a cam swap, flat slide, GSXR front end bike, with 80HP.

Looks like Tigert is going to be out there too, wouldn't be surprised if he drops the record.

6. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Mine has 93hp and 56ft of torque. I wonder what he will be riding I didnt realize he had an SV! Also it is very light... wheels, subframe and such. Next thing to make it lighter is a bolt kit. I posted a pic a few pages back.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think Jeffrey is having something built right now. He'll be tough to beat, but good luck!

track wagon likes this.
  8. tigert

tigert Well-Known Member

Thrashing to get it together, but stock motor and first shake down so I'm keeping my expectation low.

9. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Sunday social on here Tony Morrision has a really nice back up. 80 hp gsxr wheels and forks. After market shock and such. He is the one that got me back in to racing you could ask if you can use it. Just let me know and I can call him.

10. tigert

tigert Well-Known Member

Thanks, appreciate that. I'll have mine ready, minus a few details. Running around tomorrow to get gearing and few last minute items.

track wagon likes this.
  11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Gusts of 40mph on Saturday with a steady 20-30mph winds.... I sure hope we are done before it gets too nasty out there. I just bought 2 new fricken canopies!

12. Boman Forklift

I'm sure you know, but I wouldn't use them with those gusts. For all I know you are very experienced with Willow and gusts, but if you aren't, it isn't worth the risk.

Hope all you guys have a great time. I was going to come out and watch and possibly have Tyler race, but flew to the Midwest for four days of motorcycle drag racing with my dad.

13. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Yes, we had similar wind at LV last round. I had my FULL 3 drawer Tool box as a tie down on one corner and my canopy took that tool box for a ride right into my bike. Good times. I have my family pit crew with me this weekend so we can get them down quick if it gets too crazy. Hoping to atleast use them in the morning.

Have fun with the stretch bikes this weekend :)

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I haven't read that it will get that bad out there yet!! Where did you find that?

15. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

If you run in to problems while there or need any spares or whatever we have 4 sv650 with us.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I am the all white sv650 #76

17. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

Get some, Devil Dog!

track wagon likes this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Ya can't miss him Jeffery, he is 6' 7".

track wagon likes this.
  19. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Beautiful day for a track day today. Looks to be some randoms twins showing up to have some fun. Looks to be perfect weather all weekend!!

20. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

If you watched the race it was a barn burner!!!! Had an awesome day! Lost by .04 of a sec. Jeffery got me on the draft down the front straight it was a great race. Ran a 29 flat which is under what I wanted to do. So all in all good first day. Will be looking to get in the 28's and battle again tomorrow. Jeffery is an awesome guy that corners super low!!!