1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best of the West 2018!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Feb 11, 2018.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Mongo do you have the schedule for the weekend anywhere?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Wow missed that..... thank you.

4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Your killing me smalls... That A Superbike, A Superstock single race-gap is tough to get those tires rotated. Also, do you know if they will have Tech open Friday afternoon?

5. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Just flip them after F1. Either way you will have to race on the same side of that tire twice. Unless you are putting new on. In that case have one ready and I will come help out the new on :)

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Get the tires rotated? They rotate all the time the bike is moving... :D

Seriously though, you can only get one race out of your tires?

No tech on Friday sorry, most of the officials will still be getting to the track too.

track wagon likes this.
  7. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Its probably not an issue at Willow. Las Vegas cost me for sure. Tire was toast. Havent been to willow in 10 years, but will be starting Saturday on used tires.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll definitely work on it for the future, still seems odd one sprint will kill a tire like that.

9. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Big willow is very hard on the right side I always flip mine.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

After one sprint race?

11. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

On a 1000 yes.... my sv. No way I flip it after the day.

12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I gave the solution to what I think would work. But he also said he was starting on used tires.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, I truly am floored the tires only last 6-8 laps.

14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Just one side lol then flip it. 16 laps.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So two races - that still sucks for wear. Anyway, if that's the case flip it before the first of the A races then you're all set.

16. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Yes!

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When Ty set the lap records out at Willow on his SV, he ran a 27.19 on new tires, 2nd sprint he did 28s and was sliding. We flipped the rear tire and he did a 27.21 and said it was really sliding on both sides and felt he should have pushed harder originally, and possibly made it into the 26s.

In our experience on a 600 or 1000, after heat cycling once in a 4-8 lap sprint race, you're definitely going to lose some pace.

I saw Joey Pasceralla one weekend at Vegas when he spanked everyone, he put on a new rear for each of the 7 sprints he ran.

track wagon likes this.
  18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Vegas and Willow are tire vendors dream tracks! Especially Vegas. I wasnt setting any records in Vegas being my first time there but trying to do 2 sprint races on a 1000cc without rotating was my downfall. Spinning terribly. Willow I have experience, granted it was 20 years ago but also remember going through rear tires pretty quick there. For a solo show like me, its tough to get done with a race, pull the rear, take it to Dale and get it re-mounted in time to be on grid for next race. Im an old man at 44 also, so I am tired. Just thought the schedule would rotate a little bit each round. Im having a blast but just complaining a bit like everyone enjoys doing these days. :)

Boman Forklift and track wagon like this.
  19. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

My goal is a sub 30.

20. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I hope the weather stays in the 80's like it is saying !!! Hope the wind stays away as well until late afternoon once it is all done. Dad flys in tonight then packing up tomorrow and heading out.

egomezent likes this.