1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Luxury Sports sedan ~$60k?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

So after a long rethink about my needs, priorities and time I am looking into a new luxury sports sedan. Looking for something like the Cadillac CTS (v is a touch out of reach). It looks like it competes with the Audi A6, the 5 series BMW and an e-class. What other cars should I be looking at in that price range (or lower)?

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

New or new to you?

3. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My neighbor got a couple year old certified 528i x-drive for the price of a new, nicely equipped american made sedan. I can't believe how much he got for so little.

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I'm planning on leasing. Full warantee, covered maintenance and no sales tax;)

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you're sure on a sedan than My list would be the BMW 5 series and the A6.

and maybe the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglios but that's the thinking with my heart and balls and not my brain. :D

SmokeSignalRT and DucatiBomber like this.
  7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I always paired the 3-series with the CTS, not the 5-series, and you should be able to get a M3 in that price range.

8. socal

socal Well-Known Member

BMW 5- Series.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can't say for certain it's good but the GS-F might be an option at which to look.

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I'd suggest any of the small twin turbo sedans for lots of fun (especially on a lease)- 335, Q50, C400. For even more unneeded power- the 550 with the twin turbo V8.
    I'm partial to Infiniti- I'm on my 3rd one now and the 400 horse 3.0l is no joke and it's also around $50k.

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

3 series competes with the ATS. CTS is 5 series. And a non V CTS can't really be considered a "sport sedan". Same thing with 528i. Turd.

12. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

The payment on a 60k vehicle for a lease can vary wildly brand to brand or even model to model.

But the answer is a Macan. Probably had the best lease out of all of the brands mentioned if you negotiate a bit.

535 would be okay. Audis lease really bad. Bmws the best. Personally not a huge fan of the new E class unless you want something that will basically drive for you. But not as good a tesla.

13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm at the Genesis launch event right now. Nice ride.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What does the Macan lease for? Is that basically the Q5 or the Q3?

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's why I asked about used. Those infiniti's take a pretty good hit on depreciation. You can get a whole lot of car after a year or two.

18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

The higher the sticker- the bigger the hit. Look up 2 year old S-class, 7 series, Range Rover Sport etc- $100k plus cars depreciating 50-60%.
    If your budget is $60k for a used car then there aren't many sedans that aren't available in that range.

19. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. GTR's hold their value extremely well, same with any of the "hyper" cars or even actual sports cars.

Only the luxury market has that issue. its not necessarily sticker price that causes the depreciation.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Those cars hold their values so well because of limited availability. Look at Ferrari. It's a year or more wait for most models. On some, they won't even sell you the car unless you promise to keep it. If you flip one for a profit immediately after purchase, they will blacklist you and refuse to sell you another.