1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best cell phone that is not an Apple or Samsung

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I liked the feel, the screen and the price point. I forget the model but it was their top of the line and it was ~ $450.
    Had some really cool features.

I'm sure if I cared to check them out, Samsung would have similar features but their price point is apple stupid.

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Got fed up with Samsung (A S3 that constantly lost connection with data and the carrier claimed nothing was r=wrong with it. USCellular). Went to Verizon and got a LG G3. Was happy as hell with it for 4 yrs before it started acting up. Got a LG V30 thin Q and its been great for the last 1.5 yrs. Kinda pissed me off when the G3 died since the G7 was literally 3 days away from being sold at Verizon.

BigBird likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

In those cases, sometimes they will give to a loaner for free for a few weeks to hold you over. At least TMO does.

Sent from my smatrfone

4. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

For work I have a Samsung, no idea which model. OK phone, loses signal way too easily in buildings sometimes. Also, when holding it by the edges it will randomly launch apps if you are touching the edge of the screen (almost impossible not to).

Personal phone is an LG G6. Does everything I need, when I need to. Fingerprint scanner is great. Only problem I had was the battery on my first one ate it's self after only a couple of weeks. Phone got hot as hell (thought it was going to catch fire hot), went click and never came back on. Lost all of my photos from my bike trip the week before. Now everything goes to microSD, won't happen again.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Cool. Thanks. It looks like there are lots of good options out there for under the super premium price that the big 2 are asking. Samsung is the Apple of the Android world. I want to avoid both of the big companies because it pisses me off when I am told how I have to do something even when it is the way I would have done it.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The video play back/ screen was also really great (imagine that from Oppo? :D ).
    My ears are about shot but the sound for tunes was also great. Waaaay better than apple iphone whatever through my bose NR headphones.

I'll miss their video products in the US. :(

7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Actually like the V30 over the G7 now.

BigBird likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

I went the opposite way v30 to G7. Like the slightly smaller size of the G7. And I think the camera is slightly better.

Hate the phone jack on the bottom and the G7 has more side buttons which 2 are not necessary.

Sent from my smatrfone

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

got one in Panama, no complaints

10. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Rokit, the company that sponsors the Williams F1 team has a phone that they want to be the #3 phone behind Samsung and Apple. May be worth checking out to see if that is the case.

11. Critter

Critter Registered

Does anyone on here have a Sonim?