1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best bike I’ve ever bought

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

PJ if you ever want to head north you can stop and see me.

That's worth the trip right there. :D

StaccatoFan, Sabre699 and pjzocc like this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Nice score!

pjzocc likes this.
  3. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

Riding with my dad is probably my greatest collection of childhood memories. We took summer trips on his GS when I was 9 and 11 to visit family, see the Black Hills, Yellowstone, Big Bend, and a load of other stuff. Those were some fun times.

ducnut and pjzocc like this.
  4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I agree with OP. I had an ST4S with some termi's and ohlins and wow what a wonderful bike. I sold it because it was yellow and I just couldn't deal with it. Always wanted to get the Senna gray ST4S but never found one with decent miles at a decent deal. Looking back, I should have painted the yellow one and kept it.

ducnut and pjzocc like this.
  5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Gotta get snow tires for it first.

:D

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Sweet bike.
    I don't know there have been so many. Best bike equates with best memories for me. My Dad's 73 RD350 that I used to sneak out at 14.
    Old XS650's, RZ, FJR1300, all the Rotax aprilia's I've had. Three modern Triumphs. Also had a couple of baby V-Max Yamaha FZ700's. Straight line 5 valve fun.
    Earlier this year landed a sweet low miles 1998 Honda VFR800fi Interceptor. Even came with a nos Staintune can in the original box never opened.
    Probably the most vanilla bike I've ever had but it's perfect for me at this stage... old.
    Funny when I think about it but here I am, the old guy on a VFR and driving in the right lane in a C5 Corvette.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

:crackup: OK, funny you mention the sneaking out. My son recently informed me that he snuck the Monster out (in post #20) and my 900RR when he was 16. Stupid me thought I kept a good eye on everything.

Scott S. likes this.
  8. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

LOL. Yeah those back porch chat's with Dad in his later years.
    Always started with " Dad rember when..."
    Always ended with, " I knew Son." and a laugh.
    Miss him.

opinion914 and rd400racer like this.
  9. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I never knew of the things my Father did as a youth until I did something comparably idiotic growing up.
    Got caught stealing when 10.... him too.
    Set fire to neighbors property... him too.
    Stole a car and totaled it out of state...him too.
    I'm tempted to go tell him I shot a hooker.

He's a chicken when it comes to bikes though. I had put more miles on his 441 Victor while home from school "sick" then he did during his entire ownership of it.

pjzocc likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A real man takes a hooker out with his bare hands… :Poke:

SuddenBraking likes this.
  11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Best bike I’ve ever bought:

My next one, whatever it ends up being...

(Thanks Tristan!) :Poke: :beer:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  12. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Any of the RDs or RZs I bought in the 70s and 80s cause I got to work on them under the watchful eye of my old man. Worst or actually just less good were any of the Hondas he talked me into buying since.
    But nothing is as pretty as y'alls Italian bikes. They have a sense of proportion and purpose that carries into most of their vehicles.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Oh my...

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’ve always thought the 2000 ST2 in dark blue was a beautiful bike, just like the Futura in dark blue, of the same era. However, I do think the ST3 styling is better.

15. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

Years ago there was a series about a motorcycle journalist taking his teenage son on a tour of Europe on a Triumph Sprint as I recall. It was a fun show to watch. Unfortunately, my kid didn't care too much for riding pillion so we got dirt bikes instead. That was a lot of fun!

pjzocc likes this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Off topic.

What`s the story with that charger?

For sale?:D