1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best bang for the buck or best deals out now for a truck

Discussion in 'General' started by Lavana, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm doing my part... my 3 vehicles have an average of 250K on them.

2. It is call capitalism, if the manufacturer priced everything you could forget any negotiations, who would buy your trade, the manufacturer does not want it. It has already been proven people will not buy a big ticket item without trying it out. Manufacturer is not going buy the land and set up service and demo/delivery points, the cost would cause a huge increase in prices to cover the expense of operating those facilities. Cost of building a facility would run from 3 million small to 20 million large, they then have insurance, payroll, equipment etc.. As for Tesla they will be out of business with in 5 years. They have lost 700 million dollars, investor will soon tire of loosing money, and as soon as any of the big manufacturers get serious about electric cars Tesla is toast. Current franchise laws also forbid manufacturers selling direct to the public and if you got the law changed the manufacturer would end up having to buy all the franchises back. Getting rid of dealers is not possible.

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I’ll be in the market for a Toyota Highlander or Ford Explorer in a couple months depending on what the wife wants And when she gets a new job. I’ve got a Ford F-150 so I’m happy with fords but the smaller Highlander is intriguing to me. I think she’ll want the bigger exploder though.

Should be fun jumping into the car buying world again. Been awhile since I got my ford in 2010

4. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I haven't purchased a new vehicle since '94. And, unless I become rich....I'll never purchase another new. And, that doesn't necessarily hurt my feelings neither! :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I bought my only new car in 2011 because at the time, it had only been out for a year. Used 2011's with 20k miles were only $1000 less than new cars with 0 miles and the warranty dropped from 100k for the first owner to 60k for the second. Outside of that, I see no reason to buy a new car when a slightly used is almost always 25% or more less.

SpeedyTide likes this.
  6. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that it's all convoluted. It seems all big business is that way.

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I can say without a doubt...I've never bought a new 4-wheeled vehicle except for my Polaris Turbo this year.

I have 4 vehicles, the newest is an '04 and I have $10k combines in them.....but I have (10) motorcycles and the SxS...'12,(2) '13's, '16, '17, '18, a few '07's. :)

Priorities ya know.

SpeedyTide likes this.
  8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

HA HA "exploder"...Have a '15 limited with the stock (ie non eco boost engine). Gets 21 mpg according to the dash calculator. Lots of do-dads and they all work (so far). I bought a dealer demo with 8k miles and a new warantee, now has 45k, so it doesn't get pounded very hard. Does what I need it to do but truthfully, I drive my '95 K2500 more. Never go much faster than 70, not my style, so don't know how it would do if pushed.

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Two guys at work have them and seem to like them. I really like how my Ford drives compared to chevy/gmc's which is why I went with the fx4 back in 2010. I think what will happen is we'll get the explorer or the yota let her drive it for a year or two then get her one of them x5's or something fancy and I'll drive the explorer/highlander, as well as keep my 150. It only has 150,000 miles and I want it to go until it dies, then take it to lee's in wetumpka AL for a new engine/ tranny and keep it going for another 200+

Only complaint with my fx4 is the BS sun roof is broken and repair costs are insane due to removal the entire headliner. $800 buys me a lot cool things that aren't a sunroof.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We did, during the 08 and on recession, yet the manufacturers still had record price increases. Leasing is what stuck it to us on pricing.

Everyone, is willing to lease, and probably rightly so, so they keep cranking prices. My wife's car payment is through the roof, because I'm an idiot old skool dude that was burned on leasing one time and there wasn't any special incentive to lease her particular model.

On my daughter's Infiniti Q60, there was a huge incentive, and multiple lease rate buy-downs, so I encouraged her to lease it.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

90%+ leaving the lot is leases now. No one is buying....

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Motor went out on my 4Runner. It was $1400

Steak Travis likes this.
  13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

In Georgia its about 20%. Higher for luxury, less for domestics. We sell 800 cars per month, maybe 10 leases.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yeah, I'm not sure where that 90% number comes from but it's nowhere near that in Missouri either.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

we just did this last year. I lost braincells try to sift through ads trying to find a "decent" used car ~$10,000. I dont have many to lose to start! :D
    We ended up buying a 2017 Elantra for $16,000 otd. Whole thing took 25 minutes. Would have taken less if the sales person
    had previous buyers that could write a check on the spot without having to run shit by a sales manager or wait on financing approval. :rolleyes: They wouldnt let us use a credit card to buy was my only complaint! We looked at used ones with 10,15, 20,000+ miles priced $1500 less. Easy choice.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Mine was an Elantra too :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Werd. I got one the other day saying they had a buyer waiting for my 2007 mini-van with 235k on the clock. They overpaid for whatever database they used.

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Seems I remember reading it in a recent article but I'll take Kris' word on it as he is in that business.

19. Boman Forklift

Wow, that's pretty incredible, as high as cars are priced, especially nice trucks, you get that many purchases.

20. Boman Forklift

I wouldn't let you either. Heck that's a huge amount of what I make on a new forklift sale, not giving it to the credit card company.