1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best activity tracker/monitoring app for iPad?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jan 4, 2021.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Kids got iPads for Christmas, and I need to monitor them.

What are the rest of the 'rents around here using? Not against anything subscription based either.

Thanks

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

i'm not a apple fanboi, but I believe apple does have a lot of things built-in that can do what you're asking

I know for the kids iphone, we can see all their text messages and such, if we wanted to. also, time limits, and limited app use.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I tried out a bunch of apps early on when getting an iPad for the eldest stinkbug, didn’t find anything that was worth a damn.

You’d think there would be something comprehensive, but I just haven’t found it yet.

Only thing I’ve found works is keeping them off the internet, and keeping them out of their hands when I don’t want them to drool uncontrollably (or in the case of the youngest stinkbug, complain that her older sister has this game or that game that she doesn’t have).

Subscribed for wishful thinking...

4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

You can limit how many hours a day they are used and there is an app that tracks how much each app is used per day that is built in as well.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The one you smash with a hammer and stop using.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

threatening this action has the same effect without costing so much ;)

8. Venom51

You want to monitor what your kids do on a iPad...keep them in your custody and only let them use them when you are around to supervise. Same goes for computing. Put one in the living room. Make them use it where you can see it.

I await the responses to my unrealistic options...:D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I can see from your response that you don't have kids or definitely not more than 1 :eek:

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Thats what my buddy did with his 4 when they were younger. Computer near the living room.

11. Venom51

The number doesn't matter.

BigBird likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

with online school, everyone needs their own computer. My living room would be a tech lab with their desktops, and trying to keep an eye on them while also WFH....funny stuff the beeb is.

13. Venom51

You do what you got to do. You had complete control over how many computers you would need. :D

BigBird likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

well I had twins...so sort of ;)

16. Venom51

Double strength swimmers...:D

17. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

This is exactly what we do. Limit their time and keep an eye on what their doing. There’s little complaining as we’ve always done it this way.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I wish that was the case, it's all dependent on the lady.

When we asked for one computer, we got 2. It's fine [emoji4]

~sent from mobile

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

One option is to get a router that has multiple WiFi channels on it and designate one network for the kids devices. Set it so that network shuts down at their bed time.

You should also be able to filter sites that network disallows so you can lock out all the pron sites.

It’s part of a multi layer strategy for me at my casa.

BigBird likes this.