1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 10" tire?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by CharlieY, May 29, 2014.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

For a CRF50 "mini-motard".....so street-type tires.

Poking around I see Pirelli, and cheap stuff....all of them appear to be less than 40.....whats the stickiest?

Are there 10" slicks? :rolleyes:

Thanx in advance

2. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

PMT makes a 10" slick... i know nothing about them other than some kids in the CMRA JRMotard class run them...

3. Chango

Chango Something clever!

What size? Zumas have 10" tires, but they are likely not the sizes you're looking for.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I do need to get my sizes straight.....knobbies on it right now.

10" slicks.....who-a-thought?:beer: ....now which compound, what a quandry. :rolleyes:

Thanx fellas!:up:

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Lots of our local mini racers like the Dunlop TT92GP.

6. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

TT92 :up:

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

consult the Herrin's facebook page for mini tire advice.

Supermotojunkie.com also has a lot of info. Some good, some bad - but people usually point out why the bad advice is bad (see the thread on the XR100 with 12" wheels!)

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

TT 92's are fine until you get fast. Then you will find yourself on your ass. We used to run Maxxis CST's but I don't think they are available anymore.

9. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Do 92's come in 10inch?
    PMT makes 10inch slicks, I've ran they're 12inch treaded tires and they are sticky as balls!! Sava I think has 10inch tires too.

10. kevinnolde

kevinnolde kandjracingsolutions.com

We sell a Sava 10 inch Soft compound race tire, we are using it on a CRF 50 as well. This is the tire that is used in the Honda 50 demonstration races in European rounds of MotoGP. For the 50 it is a 90/90-10 and we have them on order and shipped, this means we will have them in a few weeks due to the realities of oceanic shipping. Our website is kandjracing.com or you can call me at 225 315 3423. We have 100/90 10-s in stock but they won't fit the stock swingarm.

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Yes they do. I have a few sets in the shop.