1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bent triples???

Discussion in 'General' started by 1slowguy, Apr 22, 2002.

1. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

Ok... I have bent forks on my 99 gsxr 750. (first step of recovery is admitting I have a problem. [​IMG] )Both are bent a good bit. My question is how can you tell if the triples are bent? I noticed that the forks didnt slide out as well as they did before I bent them. I tried to check the triples(well, i looked at them a lot) but i cant really tell. Its nothing that just stands out like the bent forks did. Any ideas? What else do I need to check up front since it had a hard impact up bearings,ect??) Thanks

2. rexy

rexy Active Member

A quick simple way to check is to take them off the bike and place them on a completely flat surface, like a plate of glass. If they're bent you will find that they won't lie flat across where the forks exit from the bottom of each one.

It's not a fool proof way to check but it's worked for me in the past.

3. 1slowguy

If they are tweaked.. how can i fix.. or do i need new ones? Looking at how the forks are bent.. they have to be bent too....

4. Sometimes Computrak can straighten them. They charge $100 I believe. Call and ask them. If not, check the salvage yards. You will pay $150-$200 for a set, but I would be wary... How do you think they got to the salvage yard in the first place?

Your bearings should be replaced as well.

5. PS I have lots of parts for those forks if you need some.

6. 1slowguy

Those forks should be arriving to you today. ups... [​IMG]